We were twice there: for the first and the last time. At the first glance it seemed to be OK. An Andalusian village of multicoloured buildings situated on a gentle slope descending from the reception down to the main building with the restaurant and the pool and finally to a broad, sandy beach. But it was exactly that slope which caused a small catastrophe. Every path being paved, during a haevy rain in the night, water had no other outlet than into the bungalows. At 3 am we had 7cm water in the room. The room + bathroom was ca. 25m2 so the amount of water was over 1500l. When at 10am finally two sweepers arrived they collected just 6 buckets - all the rest drained into the floor and walls. Small wonder that the atmosphere was damp ever after. We were offered 3 alternative rooms, but all of them were flooded as well. Closer investigation showed that it was not an unique event as the staff claimed. We discovered traces of previous floods on the entrance door and furniture.
Someone here wrote earlier that - "it is in the middle of nowhere" - it is absolutely true. Without a car you are stranded.
There is an ample choice of tastless food. Members of the staff are friendly and very polite but speak virtually only Spanish. We have improved our sign language.
On top of all you are treated as a potential thief. There are plenty of posters informing what happens to you if you trespass any of numerous house rules.
On the other hand we should not grumble too much. We had no cockroaches, ants or centipedes as other people had and wasps nesting inside the frame of our window were not aggresive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This marvellous tourist resort situated in Marbella, which imitates the style of an Andalusian town, offers fully equipped cottage type rooms and a fantastic themed pool with slides for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Marbella Playa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Marbella Playa Hotel Marbella
- Lti Hotel Marbella
- Hotel Marbella Playa
- Marbella Playa Hotel Andalucia