“it depends”

Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Montpelier, Vermont
“it depends”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you don't drink alcohol and aren't after great luxury this is the hotel for you. It seems very family friendly; the rooms are clean and quiet, and the landscaping and amenities like the pool are quite nice. I had the bad luck to be situated under the penthouse, and someone upstairs was bouncing a ball up there, but you get inconsiderate neighbors anywhere. the people at the front desk were very helpful. Internet service was slow to non-existent. I was there on business and my client picked up the bill so no comment on prices.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Southampton
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When we arrived we were not told it was a Muslim hotel and there was no alcohol at all! The staff were rude and the service was shocking. Misleading as there is no mention of a no alcohol hotel on the website and parking is priced per day which again is not listed.

• Stayed August 2014
10 Thank JBmarston

Travellers are raving about these Marbella hotels

London, UK
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I was booking a last minute trip to Marbella and most of the hotels coming up were either dirt cheap or hugely expensive. I found this and another hotel for around £75 a night I think. I decided to choose this one as it included breakfast.

I was a bit nervous it would be quite dated but I only needed a bed for a few nights.

I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. I don't know if I got a free upgrade or not (the hotel was fairly quiet) but my room was amazing. Almost like a mini suite. Really fantastic power shower, lovely products, super kingsize very comfortable bed. Plenty of room, good blackout curtains, air con, lots of unpacking space, it was really fantastic.

One minor complaint was that there was no information/welcome brochure in the room but that was a minor point.

I was expecting the breakfast to be quite basic and sparse but it was again amazing! It is buffet style and covers two sides of the room. It had tea and coffee making facilities as well as a waitress going around with fresh filter coffee. Plenty of juices, milk, soya milk, water etc. The cold buffet has cold meats, cheese, lots of types of fruit, dozens of mini and big pastries, a huge bread selection, yogurt and even some things just for kids. There was a chef making omelettes and a hot buffet of sausages, chopped potatoes, tomatoes and mushrooms. It was gorgeous and all far too tempting!

I didn't spend much time at the hotel as I was visiting family holidaying nearby, but the pool and spa looked really great.

It was strange staying somewhere that didn't serve alcohol but it didn't bother me as I ate out.

I did hear the mosque each evening but it was a very quick call to prayer and didn't bother me at all. It was literally a minute or two. I wasn't there during the day but I left the hotel around 10.30am each day and didn't hear it at all in the morning.

It is quite far out of marbella for walking - probably 40mins, but only about 9euro in a taxi.

Overall I would say this is a fantastic hotel, very comfortable and great value. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank MrsLL2b
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We picked this hotel for a weekend stay on short notice primarily because of price and location. We were not expecting much more than a clean room. We were pleasantly surprised at what we found. The buildings are clean and bright, the room was spacious and with nice amenities, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. The only knock is that the wireless Internet connection was almost unusable due to the constrained bandwidth. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sotoole01
AHM M, General Manager at Alanda Hotel Marbella, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Customer,

I am always glad to hear from our customers and, in your case, we are especially grateful that you brought to our attention your stay experience at our beautiful Alanda Hotel Marbella.

Rest assure, I have passed on your complements to our entire Team and we hope to have the opportunity to extend our Hospitality to you in the near future.

Fernando Portal
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

11 women, 2 nights, 5 rooms!
On arrival staff were friendly and happy to answer all questions, no matter how many were fired at them! Check in was a bit slow, seemed as if one of the members of staff was new as he was being guided through the process. Room was spacious and clean. Lots of natural sunlight into the room with a nice balcony. Lots of storage space with a good sized safe in room.

Hotel does not have irons and the only way to get your clothes pressed is to use their laundry service.

Breakfast was good with a decent selection, however cereal was not available. Omelettes and fried eggs made to order.

Spa facilities were really good with a gym, pool, sauna, jacuzzi, jet streams and a selection of treatments. All were great, choosing a pedicure for my treatment, it was so relaxing l almost fell asleep in the chair. Treatments seemed a bit pricey.

Cash point across the road from the hotel with the beach less than 5 minutes away from the hotel.

Costs around 10 Euros for a taxi into town. It is cheaper to walk across the road to cab station as they start their meter from the time they leave their depot if the hotel calls them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nai_NaiY2K
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As the title suggests, this hotel is now an alcohol free. Mainly due to a change of ownership. It is no longer owned by the NH group, so I would ignore previous reviews of the old " NH Alanda"
The staff are at best vacant, maybe due to the change of ownership and lack of direction.
When we checked out, no one even asked us if we had a good stay!
We stayed here for a business trip. But at the first available opportunity, moved elsewhere.
We come to Marbella twice a year on business, and have done for the last 3 years.
This is the first stay at the Alanda, but probably the last.
It is not all bad though. The rooms are clean & reasonable, but beware of despondent staff, lack of alcohol & no pork products!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Peter C
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We paid EUR85/night and were very surprised at how nice the hotel was. Rooms are big with nice bathrooms, staff was helpful. You have to pay EUR12 for the gym but the hotel is cheap so I guess it works out.
But it was recently bought by a Saudi company so no booze or pork. Disappointing and kind of hypocritical - They can come and play in Marbella but aren't tolerant of others?

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple