“great hotel, great service, great holiday”
Review of NH Marbella

NH Marbella
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 28 January 2014

have been visiting NH Marbella last summer on a short break. a great experience all over - from check in into a a clean spacious room, delicious breakfast with great choice. what more do you need? the beach is just down the road, super relaxing. evenings we spend along the promenade with even better sea food. definitly worth a stay. unfortunately, i cant recall the receptionist name - a very friendly young gentleman was very patient with my "i wanna try everything in spanish language". well done NH Marbella!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed in NH Marbella for 6 days in Sep 2013. Overall, very good experience.

There was my wife, me and my 8 years old son. On arrival we found a baby cot in the room as requested. They even supplied baby shampoo and bubble bath as well as a cuddly toy for my son.

Our trip was on the back of my business trip and I had my birthday during our stay. The hotel left a bottle of Cava in the room together with a little cake.

Room was quite spacious and smart. Clean and modern.
The only complain is a WIFI. You have to take a new password every day, but even then it doesn't work properly.

Stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was quite alright, but pretty much the same every morning. Good enough for a week. Eggs, omelets, antipasti etc. Usual selection.

We never went to the swimming pool as there was a group of British chavs there all the time.
They had a wedding or something like that in Marbella, got drunk and one night two "ladies" were fighting in the room right next to us. That was annoying and funny in the same time. Not the hotel fault obviously.

Car park - you can either pay for it and park at the hotel's car park, or you can simply park on the nearby road. We always managed to get available space there, so never paid for the car park.

There are two supermarkets about 5-10 min walk.

The beach is about 15 min walk and yes, you have to cross a busy road, but that wasn't a big deal for us even with a stroller + good 15 minutes walk back to the hotel after a nice dinner is always a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kotofeus
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel is in a good location with only a short walk to the beach. We used the hotel parking, although it wasn’t cheap, it made parking easily. The lobby is very clean and spacious. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms continued to please with it’s modern feel, a tv, wifi (which worked fine), a mini bar, a safe, a range of toiletries in the well fitted bathroom and not forgetting the Queen size bed...and after a quiet nights sleep, we went down to breakfast where we found a good selection of food and fresh coffee. We only stayed for a long weekend, but should we ever return, I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just returned from a few days at this hotel,spotlessly clean,huge choice of breakfast,rooms were kept immaculate,stayed on the fifth floor which was very quite, staff were always polite an friendly,an were always more than happy to help with any inquires, a 10 minute walk across the road to the beach,. would i stay here again?? definatly!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Oct 2013 and we took friends with us Jan 2014

Myself and my partner got the same room we could not believe this it was like we never left

Great Hotel - Great Location - Great Breakfast - Excellent Staff

Room Tip: 201 was the end room back side so no one either side! Pool side are extra but for us it was perfe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Here's one of the things I like about Trip Advisor. I can tell you what happened and you can judge for yourselves.

We needed a hotel in Marbella that wouldn't break the bank, but was clean, practical and fell into a medium price range. Checked here and selected this hotel - especially as they had a special rate running. Instead of booking it sight unseen, as we drove into town we decided to check it out first.

The rate we were seeing on Booking.com was $79 a night including breakfast for 5 nights. Fine. We went in and the girl at the desk asked permission of her extremely self important boss if she could show us some rooms. She did and we decided we'd stay. I asked about the deal I saw online - she said it could only be honored if we booked online. So I sat in the lobby trying to use thir very bad internet connection and was unable to book as booking.com timed out, time after time.

I tried the other sites offering the same or similar deal. No joy there either - the wifi in the lobby was abysmal. An ice cream on a January day in Minnesota melts faster than this wifi moved.

So finally after about 30 minutes of this I went back to the desk to explain what the problem was. My husband - who is Spanish and fluent! - spoke to the guy who finally said he'd match the price online. We said great and told him (and showed him) the $79 rate. Oh no, he said I will match it - but not in dollars. I'll match it in Euros.

We explained that the Euro is 30% higher than USD and that matching the price meant charging us $79 US not €79. He wouldn't budge. He was rude, imperious and insited that offering €79 was matching $79. And guess what? He lost the reservation, and he gained this review.

Like most travelers I don't like to be ripped off. I especially don't like it when locals try to rip off another local - if that's what they're doing to a local, heaven help the poor tourist who doesn't speak the language and who is trying to find a good price.

So we left, drove across the road - went to another hotel - where we were welcomed and where we stayed.

As far as we're concerned, if this is typical of the NH chain - we're staying at smaller hotels, and more independent chains from now on. Not coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank janziff
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed 26/12/2013-02/01/2014. Great location, few minutes walk to prom/beach.
Breakfast very good, plentiful supply of all usual fare.
Wifi good in all areas.
Bedrooms good size, daughter allocated single room with queen size bed!
Bedrooms etc serviced every day....very clean
Staff very helpful and pleasant.
Hotel car parking very expensive at 14€ per day! however had hire car for full 7 day stay, and easily parked in road directly outside hotel whenever needed...certainly no problem at this time of year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family