“Flamenco comes from within...”

Flamenco Los Chatos Ana Maria
More attraction details
Owner description: Flamenco dancing show
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location, the seats, the drinks are not the reason why you go to a flamenco show.
We came to the place by recommendation of some booklets. After a nice dinner in town we went to the Ana Maria flamenco, we had reserved for 10, And paid 20 euros per person for à drink And the show.
We all loved it. The dancers where not only professional but were "living" their dance. It was anchored in their souls and bodies. The two women had different styles, different technics, and it was fascinating. They were real human beings, and not dancing machines. ( I mention this because a week later we tried another show and had a very different feeling: only one dancer, one singer and one guitar player, but the dance was more of a: "see what I can do?" Show, a wonderful technic, but no soul. And flamenco should come from within...
I DO recommend the show if you are really looking for something that talks to you, be ready to listen with your guts and enjoy!

The show lasts one hour and a half, this is a perfect length

3  Thank PascaleV
There are newer reviews for Flamenco Los Chatos Ana Maria

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is the place to watch the spanish cultural dance and music. Trust me you will enjoy every bit of the night . Spanish nights never gets better than this. Ole ole i love spanish folklore .

2  Thank Ksaket
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We arrived a little late and We were told the show would last 1 hour and a half but went on for about 3. The owner Chata was great and the singing and dancing was very profesional with the performers giving it their all. The place was small but cozy. Next year we will go again for sure. We went on a Tuesday this may and the place was packed. I recomend getting their on time so you get a good seat.

4  Thank mrsandiegoca
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited Flamenco Ana Maria as recommended by Cortijo del Mar, Estepona. Place is very small and you're sitting very close to the stage and the other guests. Show starts at around 10.30 pm. There were 2 guitarists/singer and 4 dancers. It was a spectacular evening: all performers were professionals having fun, playing the guitar, singing and dancing with so much passion and engaging with the public. Price is 25 euro per person, 1 (any) drink included. It is more than worth it!
It was an evening we will not easily forget and we will certainly return when in the area!

4  Thank SP MD 2
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It's a 'flamenco' evening which I find very authentic. The 'stage' is near the audience, the atmosphere is dark and moody and I find the 'flamenco' to be very authentic. Maybe it has changed but I used to go there a lot with our painting students. Yes, you need to buy a drink but they have to pay the performers!! I've been to some dreadful flamenco evenings and this is really the best = go with no expectations and you will enjoy!! You can just see the show - or eat before hand - I think I would recommend just the show!!

1  Thank Joedy