“My favourite place to eat”

Chiringuito Las Dunas
Ranked #167 of 1,480 Restaurants in Marbella
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It is family restaurant established in 1981.For 30 years was located in Dunes in Cabopino beach, and this year government made them to move 250 meters away from previous place. It is fantastic place to have lunch/dinner during your holidays in Costa del sol, with fresh food, cheap prices, and amazing friendly/family atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Great fish, fantastic location right on the beach, fab wines, best of all the wonderful family who run it. Always spontaneous fun and interesting company. I love this place and eat here every lunchtime when on my annual pilgrimage.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We come to Cabopino often, and I've walked past this place on the beach a few times. Didn;t realise it was more than just a typical beach restaurant - until we read the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Popped in for a late lunch. Still buzzing at 2pm - which did mean we had to sit next to the fridges at the back. That never helps me like a restaurant, and to be honest the mussels I had were only OK (not that many and the sauce was way to salty)

However - you get a sense of a place, and some of the other plates coming up looked great - so we will be back.......

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I decided to take my wife to lunch here today based on Tripadvisor reviews. It lived up to it's reputation. They do mainly fish and seafood but offer meat and chicken to.
Fresh fish perfectly cooked, crisp salad and a glass of chilled Rosé to wash it down is what eating out in Spain is all about - and that is exactly what we got here. The pricing is quite reasonable by Marbella standards.
We got there just after 1.00PM and got a front row table overlooking the beach. By 2.00PM the place was full.
We'll definitely be back!
The only thing you need to be aware of is they don't take credit cards

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place has moved from the other side of the marina. We have been visiting every year for 12years and it felt so sad when it was no longer there (I beleive it had suffered a fire a couple of years ago). When I stumbled across the new location it was like finding a long lost friend!

This chiringuito has wonderfull food, a beautiful setting and is great value. Best of all is the sheer friendliness of the place. You feel like you have been invited into a friends house for a lovely, long lazy lunch in the sun. This is the place that will make you feel like you have arrived on holiday.

There may be other chiringuitos as good as this but I cannot believe there will be any better.

2  Thank John J
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I got to Las Dunas a few years ago by accident, I was at Cabopino beach and it was lunchtime, saw the chiringuito at the port beach and run away from it. Walking in the beach I saw at some distance a place up on a dune. We seated there with our kids and we enjoyed an excellent lunch in a quite and nice place. Since then we have come back each summer, a summer is not a summer without a visit to Las Dunas. Only exception was when it was burnt in a fire during August. They managed to recover and came back next summer. This year Marbella's townhall moved them out from their original location in an arbritary and unfair decision but they are back on a new location not far from where they were and what has not changed is the atmosphere and the cooking. Mariani and her family are great hosts and make you feel at home. Do not change!!!!