“Possibly Best Beach Restaurant from Marbella to Elviria”
Review of Poco Loco - CLOSED

Poco Loco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Possibly Best Beach Restaurant from Marbella to Elviria”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Since discovering Poco Loco last year on our beach walks we have become regulars. The very interesting and top quality tapas are unique and quite delicious. We have never had a bad meal here so I highly recommend it if you like something a little different and are into flavours and spices. The staff are attentive and give a great service and of course the setting is beautiful right on the beach.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BERO1

London, England, United Kingdom
“The best beach restaurant on the costa!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Back again at the perfect spot when the sun is shining - Poco Loco! October sunshine is still warm enough to use the sunbeds and enjoy a drink at the water's edge. Standard of service and quality of excellent food hasn't changed. Live music all weekend, no wonder the place is packed!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Clive G
White Waltham, UK
“Great chilled restaurant”
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

Really good food and service in a great location. Well recommended. Staff are charming. Beachfront setting gives some great views of sunsets and people meandering on the beach.

1 Thank TonyJowett
“Best restaurant in Marbella!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Having lived in Marbella for 1 year I was lucky enough to be introduced this fantastic place! For the last year it has been my second home for many reasons.

Firstly the manager Kulis and his team run a fantastic operation! The staff are well trained, know their menu and make a fantastic cocktail. I go regularly with my children who are 7 and 3 and we can relax on the terrace while the kids play on the beach and are always only a few feet away which brings great peace of mind. We have on many occasions during the summer hired the sun loungers where we have spent the entire day. It's amazingly relaxing and we had beach service all day long with the option of eating in the restaurant or having our snacks brought to us. This is perfect, my drink was never empty before I was brought another , just how I like it! I have on many occasions dined child free and the inside restaurant is more upmarket with chandeliers, perfectly pressed tablecloths and linen napkins which is brownie points in my book as when I'm dining in a restaurant paper napkin are not acceptable! Poco Loco really does cater for a variety of tastes with every area of the restaurant receiving the same hospitality and warm, friendly service. I don't think I have ever beento this place and not seen Kulis serving and greeting customers, his dedication is admirable!

The next thing is the food and it is equally superb! Poco Loco introduced head chef Andy Tang and his talent and experience are tasted in every bite! He has a tapa menu with Asian influences and I can't fault one! It is clear from before you even taste a bite that they are all homemade, the quality in the food in this place is second to none! I have tried most dishes and yet to have a bad meal, my kids love it too with my 3 year old asking for the prawns from the tapa menu before we even order a drink. Special requests are also no problem and Andy himself has often been out to speak to us to make sure our order is exactly right. His love and dedication is obvious just like Kulis and I love seeing the chef take time to speak to his customers and ensure their happiness.

All round the atmosphere of this place is fantastic and you can see how well the Poco Loco team work together. I have regularly eaten out in many restaurants in Marbella and none even come close to Poco Loco which somehow just keeps getting better! Kulis and his team have done a wonderful job serving fantastic food and managing to remain incredibly busy which is a triumph itself in this economy. It shows what hard work and true passion can achieve!

2 Thank LMac2112
London, England, United Kingdom
“A Great Restaurant/Beach/Bar - We love it!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We have been spending our days on the beach at Poco Loco for the last 5 years and it just keeps getting better and better. Culos and his team are first class hosts and put a huge amount of effort into looking after their customers so much so that we see more and more regulars coming back.

This is a very competitive part of the world, there are many similar beach bar/restaurants but none as good! This place is open all through the year and is popular in the off season so worth booking.

Situated a few minutes from the El Rosario cambio on the N340 Malaga Cadiz road its easy to find. Parking gets busy but usually there are spaces fairly close by as the beach is popular with locals. The bar restaurant is 2 level open plan with a private roof terrace (€35 pp) indoor and out door dining areas, a beachside terrace and its own private beach with about 40 sunbeds.

Booking for sunbeds is a bit hit and miss but probably a good idea - cost is €9 but they give you €2 against bar food. The beds are fairly new and in good condition, the sand is clean and well maintained and the water's edge less than 15yds away. The sea is shallow for about 50 yds so safe for kids. There is a beach service for drinks and Mr Whippy style ice creams. Its a magnet for beach sellers/chinese masseurs. They will store kids inflatables, bed pads, towels etc if required and you can book beds all week at a discount.

The bar is well stocked and they open up a beachside bar in the afternoon/evening. Music is piped around all day and is very cool and laid back. There is an excellent guitarist/singer on Saturday night and live jazz all day Sunday. If the weather changes the terrace can be closed up.

The bar/snack menu is great value and nicely served - pasta, salads, omlettes, chicken/chips etc. The main menue is excellent, as good as any of the restaurants in the area for steaks, fish, seafood etc They have a good wine list and choice of beers. the T-Bone is legendary!

Its one of the nicest spots in the area run by lovely hardworking people; its easy to spend all day and all evening there. Wish I was back there now!

• Visited August 2012