Having spent a week at this hotel on a half board basis from 20 May 2012 with my partner and parents, I only have positive things to say. The indoor area, outside area, rooms and restaurants are all spotlessly clean. Our only negative comment would be if dinner could be served from 7.00pm until 10.00pm rather than 8.00pm until 10.00pm. The buffet breakfast and evening meal had something for everyone. The show cooking of meat and fish was superb. The sea bass and salmon was delicious. The rooms are large and airy with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, together with plenty of clothes hangers. The safe works with your credit card (at no extra charge) and is very easy to use. We were provided with fresh towels twice a day without even asking. The chambermaids do an excellent job. We were on the ground floor in rooms 137 and 139 which overlooked the gardens. These rooms are family rooms which have 2 double beds. There is also a large plasma flat screen tv, mini-fridge, hairdryer, etc. We had a wonderful time at this hotel and would not hesitate in recommending it. It was easy to access the promenade to stroll into Puerto Banus via an exit near the swimming pool. It takes about 10 minutes at a slow pace. Puerto Banus itself is amazing with lovely bars, restaurants and of course the yachts! We did a day trip to Gibraltar via coach (booked at the hotel) which is well worth a visit. You get 4 hours in Gibraltar once there. Marbella and Estepona and lovely places to visit too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive area of Puerto Banus, in the famous Golden Mile and very close to the beach and some of the most Deluxe shopping and leisure facilities in Europe. The Melia Marbella Banus Hotel is the perfect choice for visiting Puerto Banus and Marbella thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities, and the quality of its services. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. Amongst its magnificent facilities and services, Melia Marbella Banus provides 200 superb rooms with two double beds; different dining spaces such as El Rio Verde Restaurant, the Patio Bar, La Hiedra Restaurant and the Pool Bar (the last two only open in summer); free high speed WiFi internet; exclusive The Level service; 3 outdoor pools (1 adults only pool, 1 pool with 3 waterfalls and 1 children’s pool); Wellness Area with indoor heated pool, sauna and Turkish bath; 1 tennis court; 2 paddle tennis courts; a children’s play area; 4 meeting rooms for up to 150 people, and underground parking for the exclusive use of guests with space for 60 vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Melia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Banus Andalucia