“Lovely Hotel, great location.”

Melia Marbella Banus
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at this Hotel on the recommendation of friends, and we weren't disappointed. This is a very nice Hotel, well worthy of it's 5* rating. Rooms are very clean and fairly spacious. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially in the Restaurant. The lady cooking at Breakfast and Dinner must worth her weight in Gold! Choice and quality of food on offer was excellent. You can choose your own meat/fish and see it cooked in front of you. There are 2 separate pools, one for families with children and one for adults only. You do get the occasional child jump in the adult pool, but not very often. If you don't have young children the Level is a good option. There is a dedicated area with drinks & nibbles available all day (included in price). Overall a very enjoyable holiday, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Fernando Preto M, Guest experience manager at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Tim P.,

Many thanks for reporting us your experience after your last stay at Melia! It is a real honor to know that you enjoyed it.

It is our aim to make your stay enjoyable and relaxed. We keep looking forward in order to provide an excellent service and the best quality. it is a pleasure for us to know that you were delighted with the hotel facilities like the rooms, restaurants and the outdoor like the pools.
Our staff will be glad to see your positive opinion about your experience in Melia Marbella Banús on TripAdvisor“.

It would be a pleasure for all the Melia team to welcome you back in a near future.

Sincerely

Guest experience manager

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have visited this hotel many times over the years, as a couple, on a girls trip , with my mum & baby, . It caters for all !!!! . The hotel over the years has change in terms of it being MARBS !!! it's went abit trendy but not to trendy nice balance... great for families and the entertainment at night was really good . and the sell PINK CHAMPS by the glass. However the rooms are getting tired and could be doing with a make over to match the outside of the hotel . The pool bar is great however the menu was really not suitable for kids ... and the hotel was full of kids. However the hotel delivered chocolate milk every night and my daughter was over the moon ...nice touch... all the comments above would not stop me from going again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynned88
Fernando Preto M, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Lynned88,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments; we believe it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

We will take good notice of all your impressions to try to include more options for kids on the menu in the future and give our guests the best quality of service and product.

Nevertheless we are glad that your daugther had enjoyed the chocolate milk and cookies.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a company tour last May 2013. Got a huge room all for myself. Very nice pools and a short walk away from the beach promenade and the shopping area. Good food. Love it there. Had a day trip to Gibraltar, it was a day to remember.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Manet F
Fernando Preto M, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Manet F,

It has been very kind of you, that you took the time to let us know about your amazing experience in Meliá Marbella Banús.

We hugely appreciate your kind and sincere words because for us your feedback is very important. It is a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I remain at your complete disposal and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one week at the beginning of June 2014. Family of four (kids 4 & 8), and grandparents.
The room was very nice and big enough. We stayed on the ground floor and had a nice garden outside.
The poolareas were fantastic. We also used the tenniscourt and paddletennis courts which are of high quality.
The breakfast was really good. They make fresh omelettes and serve all you need.
The location is good, close to everything in Puerto Banus. Its also a nice walk along the sea promenade to Marbella (4.4 km from the hotel according to my GPS watch).
The prices in PB is High and its not much to see. Next time I will stay in Marbella Even though we loved this hotel.
I recomend to go the 15 min by car to Benahavis to eat lunch/dinner (towards Estepona). Lovely white city with wonderful food. We also recomend a 45 min car trip to Mijas towards Fungirola, lovely, big white city in the mountain.

• Stayed: June 2014

Good afternoon Sigurdendresen,

Thank you very much for the time you took in writing your impressions about our hotel on TripAdvisor after your recent visit.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is a pleasure for us to know that you were delighted with the hotel facilities our breakfast and its location.

It would be a real pleasure to receive your visit again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any kind of assistance you may need,

Kind Regrads,

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is beautiful, the room I stayed was great, pools and facilities in general were well taken care off. The food was good. The people that works on the Hotel...except by maybe a couple ...well...should get more training on customer service. Now, this is a constant issue all over Spain actually. That is why I don't want to be so hard on the staff. There is one person that made my stay absolutely magical, the only Spanish I have met that really went out of her way to deliver not only courtesy, but exceptional personalized customer service, USA standards...Maybe is because she has been exposed to USA standards that she knows how to treat a customer, but most likely is cause it's a personal choice to be helpful or not and this girl went out and beyond her work to really make me feel good at all times while I was at the hotel. I'm sorry to say the rest of the people at the hotel lack the excellence in customer service. Macarena Campillo, I personally thank you for the outstanding service. I would love to bring my family next summer and hope to still see you there. Thank you for making my trip such a delight regardless the negativity of some of the other people of the staff...nothing personal ...but it's such a beautiful Hotel that it makes a huge difference on a customer if the staff really goes out of their way and don't give answers like they are doing me a favor instead of just their job...actually with all the money we customers pay in my case about 450 per night ...well I would expect that the staff would really understand that thanks to the customers is that they have a job...customers should always be right and treated special in a hotel like this. Nevertheless ....Macarena Campillo was an angel and able to take care of everything that came my way. From bringing me soaps downstairs when I needed them while the cleaning ladies wouldn't move one finger to help me to even try to change my tickets on AVE...would I recommend this Hotel? Yes because it's beautiful and yes because at least there is one person that will make your stay a delight, Macarena Campillo:)

Stayed: July 2014
Fernando Preto M, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Marbella Banus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Milagros H,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments; we believe it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestion of our guest that will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

We appreciate your comments, we do take them into account in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction.

I really appreciate the comments that you made about my service and customer care. For me It was a pleasure to be at your disposal and I'm glad you feel so well attended.

I really hope to see you again next summer with your family in the hotel. I and the rest of the staff are looking forward to see you again and this time among all make your stay a real delight!

Best regards,

Macarena Campillo
The Level Team

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

4th time in PB and this was the first time we tried this hotel.

First off, the location is great and travelling to the port is really easy- a brisk, straight walk that's simple enough... Will take you anywhere you wanna go, nice restaurants around the beach and the mall really close too.

Getting there from the airport was a nightmare though definitely do your homework and plan the journey this place is difficult to find we were circling for hours.

Service for a 4* superior was questionable. Reception were very friendly but the rest... I said I was waiting for friends to join why were you on my back the whole time and ignored me when I actually wanted to order?!

I opted for a late check out surely you couldn't wait the last 30 mins to clean the room? Rudely hassling me until we left the room was a nice touch. I'm a polite guest and didn't complain but it's worth noting in this honest review.

Pools were lovely maybe not the best in Marbella but certainly relaxing and fun. Great for photos.

Breakfast tasty, limited in some areas but enjoyable. Careful though, the minute you take your eyes off the plate they'll snatch it even with the cutlery in your hand. Pool bar have great food and music. The waiters by the main restaurant were extremely helpful and friendly thank you to them really made a difference.

Rooms adequate, bit small for the price and the H10 rooms were better. Extra bed was a nightmare but absolutely loved the balcony.

The worst thing was the ridiculous way they tried to shove club melia down our throats. Chasing us like vultures until we wasted time listening to you go on and on about how we should invest in you was fun on our limited time on holiday so cheers for that.

Look, I'm not trying to be fussy or anything the hotel has plenty of good points and family's would really love this but standards have to be high for the expense. So it's your call. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank sultansofsax

Dear Sultansofsax,

We really appreciate your comments, we do take them into account in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction.

We take into account your suggestions in order to improve our service. Tripadvisor is a very useful tool not only for travelers but also for us, we can detect the areas in which we have to focus our effort to improve our services.

We will be delighted to welcome you back and provide you our best to make your new stay an amazing experience!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a couple who visit Marbella each year, this was a new hotel for us... we wanted something in the heart of Puerto Banus (stay usually nearer Old Town and fancied a change).
The staff have been excellent, very helpful, professional and attentive.
The comfort levels are good... beds, sunbeds, plenty of space, pools clean and right temp. to swim etc...
The only downside for us was their lack of enforcing the 'adults only' rule when it came to families bringing kids in to these areas. Signs were up but families still sunbathed with young kids around us and whilst we don't mind children, as a couple in our mid-twenties (not yet wanting our own), our idea of relaxation doesn't include being surrounded by 3 families with screeching children/tantrums/blaring games consoles/pool-bombing games etc. They need to enforce this rule for the comfort of all guests... children are generally lovely but not everyone wants that in their face with no escape (having an adults only area is meant to provide that haven so please stick to what you advertise). The entertainment looked good but we felt a little saddened to walk past one night, hearing a great trio of male singers playing to empty seating... big shame.
Location was great, 5 minute walk to Banus' Marina so couldn't be more convenient.
The food was exceptionally good... we haven't had such a good selection for breakfast and lunch anywhere else in Marbella in terms of the other hotels we've stayed in. The best area was the lunch 'choose it and we'll cook it' type buffet but at EUR40 a head, it would have doubled the cost of the holiday to eat there daily... perhaps priced packages could be an option as we would have loved it to be more cost friendly so we could eat there daily. Fresh lobster, various red meats and fresh fish to choose and they'll cook it to your liking (and it was cooked to perfection!); including an amazing dessert area and candy corner (never too old for some gummy bears!!). The breakfast selection also couldn't have been more extensive... you name it, it's there.... eggs, bacon, waffles, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, cereals, breads, teas/coffees etc etc.
Overall, we'd definitely come back and our stay was lovely.

Room Tip: The room upgrade seems costly but worth the extra... early and late check in and access to little si...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear HRH200989,

We highlight appreciate the time that you have taken to share your experience with us and other guests through TripAdvisor because we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our swimming pools and outdoor areas, the location and our food.

Thank you also for your advise regarding the "Only adults areas". We work hard every day to try to make everyone respect the rules, but it is a bit dificult to control the behaviour of all our guests when we are deeply involved in the high season.

Regarding our staff, we are hugely pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided and were impressed by our Team. Their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed our guest expectations every day is the reason why we are proud of our profession.

It is so good to know that we will welcome you again next year!
Waiting for this ocasion...