2,039 results
All reviews level room level service adult pool lovely hotel two double beds garden room half board tennis courts sea view bottle of cava the ground floor pool towels visited this hotel breakfast and dinner long weekend high season plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The Melia Marbella Banus is a very nice hotel. The common areas are clean and bright and I found all of the staff that I encountered to be very friendly and helpful. I had a king room with sea view and what they call the Level. It provides access to the Level Lounge much like executive lounges in other properties. I also had "Half Board" which provided breakfast each morning and my choice of lunch or dinner. I think half board was the right choice for me. The room was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom nicely done as well. The property is a short walk to the beach and Banus Port area. Very good stay. I would be happy to stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for "The Level" and a sea view room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank travelingcoroner
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I stayed here for two nights, the staff at the front door and the bar staff are excellent however the reception staff are the worst I have ever had to deal with. Marina, is the most unhelpful, irritable, rude person I have ever come across on a front desk of a hotel. She was very rude to a gentleman before me in line and was very unhelpful and quite rude when I went with an issue. We were supposed to stay at the Melia at the end of May but have since cancelled due to the attitude of the reception staff. The hotel is ok, good location but very noisy with children running and shouting first thing in the morning going to breakfast. There was refurbishment going on which did make this less enjoyable. I would not stay here again, they need to have more pleasant staff at the front desk.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Melisa Banus is a nice hotel with everything you need. The service is good, there is a bar area where you can have a chat without disturbing music and the restaurant is ok. Everything is there but there is still something missing to get the extra star. Location is a bit off I think. This makes it a quiet place but you have to walk a bit further to get to Puerto Banus.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Spent 6 nights, half board with my small family, over the Easter holidays (from 8th April). The room was a good size with comfortable beds and bedding. Room cleaning was of a good standard. Great location for promenade walks, getting to the beach, shops and bars. The children enjoyed the 2 half day KidsClub sessions. The quality of the buffet food was overall quite good, if a bit too "same-y" by the end of it. A bit more regional dishes would have been received well by the patrons. I enjoyed the well-presented breakfasts.

There are a number of things that make this 4* hotel "just OK".
- We found it very poor that they didn't provide tea making facilities. I've stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and they did offer a kettle.
- The tennis courts were out of bounds for complete refurbishment. This was not mentioned during the booking process nor when we verbally asked about them during a pre-arrival phone call. i would possibly have looked elsewhere had I known.
- Again during a phonecall, I was told that the KidsClub would be running. It didn't happen until the end of our stay.
- On the last night, I found a few of the dishes had run out straight away and that was disappointing. Also, light on staff that night. I suspect they had an early session to feed the departures, but that should be no excuse.
- Nothing special about the so called spa.
- My party had another room, a "premier". It was exactly the same size as my standard, except with 2 put me up beds (bigger family), posher headboards and robes. Hardly premier.
- Always took so long to get our hot and cold drinks in the buffet restaurant.

What really bothered me was that we had to walk across a municipal car park to get to the seafront because the hotel had closed the back exit due to the tennis court works. Ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem but it rained and make the area sodden and we had to wade through mud and calve-deep puddles in our flip flops, getting our feet and clothes wet and dirty. I didn't feel like I was holidaying in the most expensive part of Spain - more like a third world country!

I wouldn't recommend the stay to my friends. I decided to write a review because after 2 weeks, I am still waiting for a phone call from the hotel manager who is supposed to be calling me to listen to the complaint.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank esh01
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We have recently stayed here for 4 nights for a birthday getaway. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady on reception who booked us in and informed us our room was ready, even though we arrived 3 hours before check in. We walked into a lovely, clean and tidy room, very spacious with two double beds, a variety of towels In the bathroom and a nicely stocked minibar. We walked out on to the balcony and saw that we had sea view which was a nice surprise. Our stay included breakfast, every morning we were greeted by staff at the restaurant area and welcomed in. A brilliant choice of fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, yoghurt, hot food ect and there’s even a station where they will cook your eggs anyway you like in front of you. Unfortunately there isn’t a coffee and tea station, the staff do come up to you an ask if you would like a pot of tea or coffee, but one morning we weren’t asked until we had finished our breakfast so it was too late.
The indoor pool area was lovely, we used it atleast twice a day, on the small side but we seemed to be the only ones using it during our stay so it was a nice size for just the two of us. The outdoor pool however is a great size.
House keeping were lovely, every day they would come in and clean our room and give us fresh towels and change our bedding, even on our last day they came in to see if we wanted clean towels for a shower before we left. All very friendly aswell as you walked by.
But one of the highlights of this trip was a birthday surprise in the room, we left the room to go into the town, which is only a short walk way, and when we came back there was a bottle of champagne on ice and a birthday cake with a lovely message wishing me a happy birthday, this was completely unexpected and it just made the stay that little bit more special.
We have already been looking at melia hotels at other locations in Spain as we will be using again and we have signed up to the melia mrewards.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laauwaa