Just back from a long weekend in the Melia Banus. Having stayed in the Melia La Quinta in August we thought that we'd try the sister hotel.
The hotel is spotless and modern, close to the beach and only a 10 minute walk to the Port and the perfect location. Read a review below about access to the beach and didn't really find the walk to the beach at all offensive, although agree the fly's around the main pool were really annoying so we spent most of the time on the beach. There's a great beach bar nearby and very reasonable priced good food. The outdoor swimming pools were freezing, (they're nice to look at though) but it is out of season and they have an indoor heated pool which makes up for it. Just enough sun loungers around the pool areas but no obvious sign of any more if it was main season.
The staff were professional but really aloof - none seemed to love their jobs, and the head waiter in the restaurant in the evening was abrupt and borderline rude and put us off eating there for dinner again. The breakfast buffet was very good. The terraces around the restaurants were lovely and in the evening they had a great saxophone entertainer playing. The gardens were all well-tended and there is a mini playground for children which is a nice touch.
Imagine in peak season it would be too crowded and claustrophobic but would come back again out of season as its a lovely hotel (but with different expectations of the staff ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive area of Puerto Banus, in the famous Golden Mile and very close to the beach and some of the most Deluxe shopping and leisure facilities in Europe. The Melia Marbella Banus Hotel is the perfect choice for visiting Puerto Banus and Marbella thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities, and the quality of its services. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. Amongst its magnificent facilities and services, Melia Marbella Banus provides 200 superb rooms with two double beds; different dining spaces such as El Rio Verde Restaurant, the Patio Bar, La Hiedra Restaurant and the Pool Bar (the last two only open in summer); free high speed WiFi internet; exclusive The Level service; 3 outdoor pools (1 adults only pool, 1 pool with 3 waterfalls and 1 children’s pool); Wellness Area with indoor heated pool, sauna and Turkish bath; 1 tennis court; 2 paddle tennis courts; a children’s play area; 4 meeting rooms for up to 150 people, and underground parking for the exclusive use of guests with space for 60 vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Melia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Banus Andalucia