We have been here for over 10 days now and have had a lovely time, the apartment is spacious, clean and the reception staff can't do enough for you. It's a shame the same can't be said about the lifeguard.
We have watched various different families with children enjoy the pool (which is lovely and warm). Kids playing ball and using their lilo's was not an issue. That is until I went and bought a rubber ring and inflatable lilo for my kids. They must have been in the pool no longer than 2 minutes before Mr Stroppy got off his chair and started babbling in Spanish at my kids they were not allowed any inflatables in the pool.
He kept telling me it was not possible, at which point I explained that the lifeguard over the previous 5 days did not mind the kids having fun and that I was not going to make the kids stop having fun. He kept repeating to me that it was "Not possible" - I simply replied it was possible and that the kids were not hurting anyone.
When I refused to remove the offending items (a rubber ring and lilo) he stomped off to get the manager.
The manager came out and explained that rules were rules and that inflatables were not allowed in the pool. This made me laugh as having seen other kids with lilos for the last week and no one had said a word. One of the other guests told me they have been coming here for 6 years and it had never been an issue
I simply asked the manager why the kids were not allowed to have fun? The answer was that if everyone had inflatables there would be no room for anyone to swim! Really????
I explained that obviously if there were too many then of course we would take them out but as he reminded me several times, rules are rules.
I could understand if it was a couples only resort like Sandals but it's not. It is a family resort in Marbella aimed at kids - get a grip Vasari
A little common sense goes a long way - give a lifeguard a bit of power and it goes to his head
It's a shame as I really like it here and would have given it 5 stars but I am afraid based on this experience we won't be coming back and wouldn't recommend it to others if, like our kids, they want to float in the pool and throw the odd ball.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged location within the exclusive La Alzambra-Vasari urbanization, one of Marbella’s premier luxury urbanizations, only a stone-throw away from world famous Puerto Banus, with its international and prestigious boutiques, restaurants and shopping centres.Vasari Vacation Resort offers the possibility of enjoying a holiday with the best beaches and international golf courses at your door step. Also Marbella city at the same time we offer an oasis of tranquillity designed for your enjoyment and relaxation.The Resort is in the Costa Del Sol’s most privileged location with an annual average temperature of 21degrees centigrade and enjoying 320 days of sunshine. Convenient and easy access to both Malaga and Gibraltar international airports, as well as proximity to historic and beautiful cities like Seville, Granada, Ronda, Cordoba and the Sierra Nevada Ski resort.THE APARTMENTS57 luxury apartments, 7 buildings with exceptional architectural design. The buildings are integrated with tropical gardens, complete with waterfalls and palm trees. Comfort and luxury, source of inspiration in the decoration of the apartments where ours guest will feel at home. DESCRIPTIONOne, two and three bedrooms apartments from 85 to 200 square meters.Two bedrooms penthouse apartments with terrace and solarium. En-suite bathroom in each bedroom, featuring hydromasage bath and shower on the master bath. Only Shower on the rest of the bathroomsAll apartments have terraces, The bedrooms as well as sitting/ dinning rooms are luxuriously decorated in a classical and homely style.Totally equipped Air-conditioning and heating in all the apartments kitchens including – dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, washing machine, vitro-ceramic hob, extractor hood and all utensils, glassware, cutlery and crockery.In the two and the three bedroom apartments laundry area next to the kitchen.Iron and ironing board available in all the apartments.T.V via satellite.Safety-security safe.Telephone Parking area HOTEL FACILITIESRECEPTION – CONCIERGEReception and concierge services available 24 hours.Golf reservations special rates at local courssesReservations for excursions to Gibraltar, Granada, Seville…Car transfers to and from airport.Car hire.Receiving and sending faxes.Restaurants reservations24 hours security Check – In 16.00 Hrs Check - Out 11.00Hrs.( Midday )Accepted Credit Cards: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa no personal or company cheques will be accepted.HOUSEKEEPING Full cleaning service every other day.POOL BARThe Pool Bar offers a peasant terrace where the guest can enjoy breakfast, snacks or a light lunch.Open from Mach -SeptemberCOMMUNAL AREAS Two swimming pools, with a third heated Jacuzzi in the gardensSun beds and towels available free of charge in all our poolsBeauty SalonHair dresser 3 paddle tennis courts.GymnasiumChildren’s playground nearby.Meeting and convention facilitiesInternet Wifi accessSecurity service 24 hours.Private parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vasari Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vasari Vacation Hotel Marbella
- Vasari Resort Marbella
- Vasari Hotel Marbella
- Vasari Vacation Resort Marbella, Andalucia