Aparthotel Puerto Azul Marbella
Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$370
Barcelo Marbella(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$121
  • Pool
Benabola Hotel & Suites(Puerto Banus)(Great Value!)
US$345
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
US$343
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationsea view apartmentold townsmall poolbeach frontcleaned every dayone bedroom apartmenthired bikesrestaurants and barshuge balconyreception staffpaseo maritimothese apartmentsliving roomself cateringnight stayair con
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2010

went for a 3 day break,like other reviews before the pictures[on every website] make it look amazing!the rooms were clean and large,the kitchen we did not use but the ceiling was coming down,paint was peeling off on the out side of the hotel,which can be seen from the beach path,the pool was full of mess,leaves,soil etc and stayed the same for the 3 days we were there! this could be a great little place its a shame the owners dont look after it,a bit of scaffolding was down the side of the place also for the three days we were there but no one was working or doing any thing!!!but hey it was less than 50$ a night what do you expect.
the place was ok went puerto banus most days and old town at night,nice and quiet,cant imagin what the place is like in high season.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Good basic apartment with great location.

We found this by chance after getting the bus from Tarifa. It was clean and cool with balcony overlooking the beach some 30 yards away. Basic kitchen but enough for a Med holiday, good bathroom, sizeable balcony, air con and satelite TV. All for 59 euros a night.

It also has a restaurant with a daily menu that appeared good value for money but we didn't try it. Staff are friendly and bi lingual.

Well done for being honest, no frills accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2008

I am just after coming back from great holiday in Marbella and a wonderful stay in the Aparthotel Puerto Azul. I must say i was very nervous going to stay there after reading the other reviews. However from the moment we arrived my worries melted away. What a wonderful place to stay and one of the best. Its basic i must say but very clean, beds VERY comfortable, rooms are a good size and we had a lovely view from our room. To be honest you dont need more when your staying in such a great place like Marbella. The beach is right at the back of the hotel, you couldnt ask for it to be closer!! It is also centrally located, walking distance form bars and shops, check out O' Callahans Irish Bar-Ross and his staff will look after you very well. The staff were really friendly and spoke English very well. I will be returning to the Puerto Azul again. I really mean it when i say it was one of the best places ive stayed on a holiday!!

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank killowen
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I had a read a few reviews about this hotel so I was not really expecting a lot. However when we arrive the lobby looked respectable and I was hoping the rooms would be the same. We walked into the room and straight back out, the kitchen was tiny (pointless) and you would never use it and there was people painting the balcony. I asked the receptionist if we could have a better room and they told me we would have to pay an extra 30 euros per night for a sea view room, no way I would pay that per night in that hotel. They did change our room later on that day and yes it was a little better but still not that great, the beds were sooo bad, very uncomfortable and 2 singles when we asked for a double..they were like pull out beds (well they felt like it). Sometimes you would get this awful smell (which I think came from the restaurant downstairs)..not nice.
Also if you are a young group I would not use this hotel as we invited 4 friends up to get changed at ours in the afternoon one day and we got told by the receptionist that if we didn't stop talking they would call the police??? what in the world that was about I do not know..we were just getting changed and were not being load..plus it was the middle of the day!!
All in all I was very disappointed by this hotel, do not get me wrong I had a great holiday and we made the most out of the hotel..however we did not once use the pool..it did not look too appealing!
If you are looking to stay here then make sure it is only for short breaks and you are not bothered too much about the rooms...one thing that was nice were the bathrooms..new and clean.
I have wrote loads about this hotel as I wish someone had before I booked mine! I would not stay there again and you learn from your mistakes!! (Michelle, Bolton, UK)

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 April 2008

This hotel is located right on the beach in the centre of marbella surrounded by excellent restaurants and beaches.
HOWEVER- the bathroom was smelly, the room needed decoration(although ours was a pre decoration- they were gradually working their way thru the hotel) There was no hot water the night we arrived and the beds were so uncomfortable i coudl barely walk for an hour after waking up!!
That said once we complained things were sorted quite quickly! The staff were very pleasant and the balcony wonderful!
For the price & location it was fine!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family