La Villa Marbella
US$308
US$184
US$174
  • Pool
Aparthotel Puerto Azul Marbella(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$350
US$343
Cancelon
  • Pool
Hotel San Cristobal(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$1,228
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,571 results
All reviewshis teamold towncourtyard buildingshanghai roomroof terracecharming hoteldifferent buildingsfour poster bednarrow streetssatellite tvsmall hoteltapassmall poolorange squashbeach towelshome from homethe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at LVM for our honeymoon from 06-Jun-08 thru 14-June-08 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by Boli who immediately made us feel at ease. He showed us to our room (Banyan) and we were surprised by how modern the room/hotel was considering the age of the buildings. It had all the amentities we needed and more. We specifically chose this hotel because of its location in the Old Town and it did not disappoint. We were pleased with how close everything was; nothing was more than a 5 minute walk away. Marcos and his staff were very warm and accomodating. My wife is lactose intolerant and they made it a point to get the exact milk she needed for her cereal. Breakfast on the terrace was an excellent start to every day. It is so peaceful with the blue skies and mountains in the background. And the weather was absolutely perfect. Sunny, 80, and no humidity. When we had questions about what to visit or where to go, Marcos always had one of his famous maps ready to go. He recommended a great beach close by as well as some white villages for us to visit on our trip to Ronda and finally an excellent guide for our trip to Tanger, Morocco. We rented a car and had no problems with it. At first we thought we would have to pay the hefty 18 euros/day fee to park it at the municipal parking lot but then "got wind" of a local parking lot nearby that costed no more than 2 euros/day. Overall, we had an amazing time and an excellent stay.

Room - Very stylish with modern amenities, comfortable bed, exotic feel.

Staff - Very professional, courteous and attentive. They make you feel like part of their family while you are there.

Location - Perfect.

1  Thank andresL6
Reviewed 4 July 2008

I cannot recommend La Villa Marbella highly enough, we had the honeymoon we could only of dreamed of, Every room in the "Courtyard" was decorated beautifully at such a high standard. It was in such a fantastic location with lots of cobbled streets full of flowers as soon as we walked out of our door.

Without doubt, as many have said it is the service you receive which makes this place remarkable, Marco and all of his staff from Anna Marie who served us breakfast to the private transport driver Marco were absolutely fantastic. Our day at Marbella heights was so memorable and relaxing, and the recomendations by Marcos are definately worth persuing, for traditional, good quality food and good days out (Rhonda is lovely). Such lovely, lovely people in a georgous location, I dont want to go anywhere else again apart from here.

1  Thank inkyminkys
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I travelled with my girlfriend to Spain for a relaxing week from the 14 - 21 June 08 and stayed at the La Villa Marbella Courtyard (LVM) for 1 night stay on the 18 June and then moved to the Marbella Heights for 1 nights stay as a surprise proposal for my girlfriend.

For those needing a quick review - Fantastic time, Great service and will return.

The LVM has 4 buildings - The main building LVM with the roof garden for breakfast, The courtyard which has the swimming pool, the Cottage (I never saw this) and The Marbella Heights (outside Marbella on a hill top)

I booked the LVM after a quick look on trip advisor, but didn’t really do much research other than a couple of emails to Marcos (the manager) with a few questions to which he replied promptly and politely to and was able to accommodate my request for 1 night at the LVM and 1 night at the TMH. I explained in my email that I would be proposing to my girlfriend and requested some roses and Champagne to be provided in my room on arrival.

The directions to the nearest car park were good, but I was thankful for my GPS. The walk to the hotel is easy and the map supplied by Marcos was great. Marcos offered to come and collect us and our luggage from the car park but I didn’t see any need as it took only us an easy 3 minute walk to the LVM.

Marcos checked us into the LVM - Then walked us over to the Courtyard, Halong Room. Our first impressions were WOW. The inside of the building was so much larger than what it looked like from the outside, it felt like we were stepping into someone's rather posh house with its very own private courtyard swimming pool - On entering our room the Roses were kindly signed on my behalf by Marcos and the champagne was on ice - needless to say I tripped over onto one knee and popped the question by the window of our room, to which she thankfully said yes!!

The room was large for European standards (comparing to London, Paris, Rome + Barcelona) and the suitcase fitted under the bed. The bathroom was big enough for 2 and the walk in shower + all the Electrical goods looked brand new and we had all the mod-cons from English radio to every channel under the sun on a flat screen TV. The bedroom looked beautiful and was decked out in the highest quality for hotel standards and the mod-cons did not look out of place next to the quaint looking large bed and wardrobe.

The courtyard building is a 30 second walk to the main hotel (on the same small street) where breakfast is served on the roof terrace. They have an 'honest bar' which is great in the evening as you don’t need to wait for a drink, you just poor it yourself and sign the book.

The courtyard building has a lounge, courtyard with pool, English style kitchen with breakfast Table (I guess you can use the kitchen….we did) and a large open roof terrace which catches the sun all day long, again with an honest fridge for your drinks by the pool and on the terrace.

The LVM looked a little smaller than the courtyard, but I did not compare the rooms, it just felt smaller - I would recommend to stay in the courtyard, but others may prefer the LVM or the cottage, which ever one you book, your key card will give you access to each building and all are within easy walking distance, apart from the Marbella Heights which is a 15 mintue taxi ride - If you do not stay in the Heights, then I would recommend a visit as you will feel like a millionaire for a few hours!

Marcos asked us to treat all the hotels like our home, I honestly did feel that Marcos meant every word and was not just trying to please us for the sake of it. Nothing was too much trouble for him and his staff, they were all polite friendly and gave us the highest standards that I have ever come across for such a small hotel. Marcos and his team have raised the bar in boutique hotels, if only others could follow suit, then we could all be guaranteed a wonderful experience where ever we went.

I could not fault this hotel, if I was to be picky then perhaps Marcos could try and get a discount with the local car park, but this is a major spanish resort and carparking is limited in the old town. So the TIP is to park in the carpark, check in, then drive down the road to the beech and find some free parking, took me 20 mintues to find a space.

Reviewed 29 June 2008

I am a notoriously hard to please traveller, but I can honestly say that the staff, hotel and service at la villa marbella courtyard is impeccable.
From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel very welcome and recommended some great places to eat and visit.
We stayed at the newly opened courtyard, which was amazing and very relaxing. The whole experience feels like a home away from home and I would definately return.
We stayed in the Saigon room that was large with a lovely small terrace overlooking to pool. Fantastic bathroom and a wardrobe big enough to stock 10 peoples clothes!
I am trying to find something to fault, but apart from the room being a little bit on the dark side, it is impossible for me to find anything else that made the stay less than perfect. If you are looking for excellant service, friendly staff, great accommodation, in the centre of the old town, don't bother looking at anything else!
However we were told about marbella heights, which is the sister hotel, that also looks like a place to visit for the future.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2008

This hotel was referred to us 3 different ways as we planned a six week European vacation. We didn't think we could go wrong, so we booked. It was raining when we arrived at 10:00 pm and we were personally met at our car with an umbrella and a smile by Boli, a wonderful staff member of La Villa Marbella. Every day after, during our 5 day stay , was an amazing adventure of interesting people and personalized service. Our new lifelong friend, Marcos, is the owner of LVM, and could not have been more accomodating and gracious during our stay. Marbella is a beautiful old town and centrally located for many day trips. Marcos and his staff will guide and gladly arrange any travel plans you may need while in their care. We have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world and this is by far superior to any for personal service. This hotel exceeded our expectations and remains to this day one of the most memorable experiences of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple