These guys don't win 2013 Best Service for nothing! From the moment we arrived we were treated as VIP guests by Marcus and William (not to mention other staff, who were all superb). It's not just the service though - we anticipated Marbella as rather high-rise and flashy but were fortunate enough to discover this absolute gem in the heart of the Old Town. This is definitely the area to stay and, without a doubt, this is THE hotel. Not just one charming old building but several, converted from old houses. The rooms nearly all had Asian names and individual Asian 'themes' to the interior decor. We stayed in Langkawi in The Cottage and were fortunate to have the entire place to ourselves for two nights. This meant we could avail of the self catering on the ground floor and had the exquisite roof garden/terrace to ourselves to enjoy a quiet drink in the evening sunshine. Great attention to detail (bath robes, selection of teas/coffees/drinks in mini-bar and exotic chocs on the bed - call us old fashioned but we liked it!).
Excellent recommendations for 'things to see and do' (eg. a boat trip to Puerto Banus with a return bus trip to take in the 'Golden Mile' (Millionaire's Row); first class restaurants/bars; places to visit - sadly not enough time!). Marcus and William went out of their way during our stay, eg. "Here take a card and if you need anything, anytime, you only have to call. I haven't lost a guest yet!" They also helped to facilitate our reluctant departure by assisting with bus ticket purchases for Airport Shuttle (recommended as it gets booked up), printing out boarding cards and organising our taxi. Nothing was too much trouble - these guys have hospitality as part of their DNA and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Villa Marbella Charming Hotel is located inside the romantic Old Town of the internationally renowned Marbella. The 150 years old house has been fully refurbished and the 4 suites carry a very cozy Asian Style. The rooms are full equipped: air conditioner, heater, ceiling fan, TV satellite, stereo chain, ads, mini bar, safety box, electronic keys, telephone with private voice mail and full amenities in the bathroom. From the terrace, during the breakfast or relaxing in our Chinese Lounge, you will enjoy stunning views of the Sierra Blanca, Old Town and the Castle Walls. 3 minutes walk to the famous Orange Square and its selected bars and restaurants, 7 minutes walk to the beach or 10 minutes by car to the famous Marina Puerto Banus and its nightlife , La Villa Marbella gives you the tranquility of the Old Town yet close to the interesting points of the city. You will come back !! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your La Villa Marbella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Hotel Marbella Charming
- La Villa Marbella Andalucia