We must first say that the accommodation was in a very good location, very clean and well maintained. However, we did not expect how the hotel operates, the reception in one house, our room in another house a few minutes away and breakfast in another house a few minutes away from the other two.
Having to order breakfast the day before by filling in a form from a very limited menu was also unexpected, for instance only cereal available is cornflakes. If you wanted to change everyday you would have to fill in another form.
The steep and winding stair access to our room was also unexpected as my wife had a hip replacement 6 months previously and would not have been able to manage unaided.
In particular our room, the Banyan, was badly lit, had no bedsides and no flat services to put anything on, the kettle had to be plugged in on the floor and there was no heating in the bathroom and only 3 pillows, one and a half each.
If you like quaint and quirky give it a try, but it is not a boutique hotel, more of a disjointed bed and breakfast that you have to put a lot of effort into.
Our point is none of the above are you made aware of when booking. We have to admire the guys for running their business on their terms and not for the convenience of their clients. Good luck guys, you obviously do well. Hope you appreciate my "input" I think that was the phrase you used when I mentioned the lighting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Villa Marbella Charming Hotel is located inside the romantic Old Town of the internationally renowned Marbella. The 150 years old house has been fully refurbished and the 4 suites carry a very cozy Asian Style. The rooms are full equipped: air conditioner, heater, ceiling fan, TV satellite, stereo chain, ads, mini bar, safety box, electronic keys, telephone with private voice mail and full amenities in the bathroom. From the terrace, during the breakfast or relaxing in our Chinese Lounge, you will enjoy stunning views of the Sierra Blanca, Old Town and the Castle Walls. 3 minutes walk to the famous Orange Square and its selected bars and restaurants, 7 minutes walk to the beach or 10 minutes by car to the famous Marina Puerto Banus and its nightlife , La Villa Marbella gives you the tranquility of the Old Town yet close to the interesting points of the city. You will come back !! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your La Villa Marbella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Hotel Marbella Charming
- La Villa Marbella Andalucia