“Home from home - lovely rooms, service & breakfast”
Review of La Villa Marbella

La Villa Marbella
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Felt immediately welcome having found the hotel up the hill out of the old town. We stayed in the main reception place in Jaipur - lovely shower room with luxury toiletries. Beautiful clean room with lovely aircon and music system put on for your return to the room. Staff so friendly - different face most mornings/evenings but they were all very knowledgeable with excellent English. Breakfast was absolutely amazing taken on the roof terrace with lovely views and food was plentiful and service was with a brilliant smile every day. You select your breakfast choice from a list but only limited to the second choice option and can be altered daily. We had orange juice, fresh fruit salad, greek yogurt & honey followed by either wholemeal toast & jam, ham & cheese croissant or toastie plus unlimited coffee or tea. We stayed four nights and wished we had longer. Will definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NottinghamRed
There are newer reviews for La Villa Marbella

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in the Andaman room. The staff on arrival were excellent, very friendly and gave us superb advise on where to go and the best restaurants to visit. The room was impeccably clean, with everything you needed and more. The breakfast on the small terrace was wonderful too, with so much choice. The location could not be beaten. I have never been to the old town before and it's charm and character blew me away, as did this hotel. I would definitely return and would strongly recommend this location and hotel for a long weekend, couples escape.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Such a nice hotel i liked it very mich all the staffs are so good and always smile on thr face.
i would like to come back again, and i would like to thank all the housekeeping staffs who cleaned my room everyday.
i am really happy and worthfull to come back agai

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the first meeting with the friendly people in the reception (maybe the smallest I've ever seen) to the check out three days later this was just a perfect place to stay! Situated right in the Old Town of Marbella but still very quiet, calm and cozy. The concept of having rooms in diffent buildings is not "normal" but works. I stayed with my wife in a small suit (Saigon) and it was very cute, clean and nicely designed.
Stepping out in the evening and you have Old Town just there with all its restaurants and nice places. Very, very easy access!
We will come back and I warmly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Marbella. Very good value for money with the lovliest personel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love boutique hotels and this ticked all the boxes. What a charming place! We didn't have a reservation but went to check nevertheless If they had a room available. Juan was more than helpful, luckily they had two rooms available and he took his time to show us the two rooms which were located in different locations. All the rooms are unique with stylish interiors and have different names. Juan was also kind enough to deliver some ice as I fractured my toe a few days before arriving in Marbella. The hotel is smack in the middle of old town. Marbella's old town is gorgeous, I loved getting lost in the small streets whilst looking for a place to eat. We walked everywhere from the hotel which was very convenient. Parking was also easy, we were lucky to always find a spot very close to the hotel.
Benjamin was also a great help, we had a long chat with him about beaches to go to, places to eat. He was such a laugh and gave us useful tips from a local point of view. Breakfast was good, you preorder when you check in and there's a choice of croissants, toasted sandwiches, fruit salad, yoghurt, cereal etc, and I loved their strong English breakfast tea because I'm quite fussy about my tea. Breakfast is served on a delightful terrace which was very pretty.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay away from the big hotel chains and are after something more unique and personal. Thank you la villa Marbella!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reems2012
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and it was perfect. The room (Penang) was beautiful, by far the nicest place we stayed on our trip, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Every morning we looked forward to having breakfast in the Courtyard and talking to Isabella and Marcus who would give us suggestions on what to do during the day. We loved staying in the old town and that everything was within walking distance. We highly recommend La Villa Marbella.

Room Tip: Penang is a gorgeous room with a loft and lots of light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Charming hotel in a quiet street in old town Marbella. Beautiful suites in renovated town houses. Stayed in Bali, attentive helpful staff with recommendations for restaurants, nothing is too much trouble. A bit on the pricier side, but great for that special holiday. Breakfast pool side,in a walled courtyard, very nice, would have liked a cooked option with egg for the brit who comes along!
A bit noisy at night esp on saturday but it is spanish banter from the locals, part of the culture trip!
Will definitely go back, the old town is irresistible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple