“It's all true!”

La Villa Marbella
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 11 January 2009

It's all true.
I won't bore you with details about the room, staff and services. They are all great, and Marcos and Boli live up to their reputations. Everyone is helpful and the rooms are fantastic. Definitely stay here is you are looking to have a quieter experience and stay away, but within reach, of the beach. The little streets throughout Marbella are simply charming and it seems like there is a photo op around every corner. There is plenty to do and lots of restaurants and shops to keep you entertained.
Want a really cool dining experience. Go down to the beachfront and eat at a place called La Taberna del Pintxo.
Sightseeing? Rent a car and drive to Ronda.
Bar, try the British Pub halfway down the hill towards the beach. Tiny place but always with a soccer game on.
A nice area, and a great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ericksonpa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed 12 December 2008

This charming hotel exceeded all of our expectations. It was so charming and in a fantastic location. The rooms were warm and welcoming and the decor was superb. The price you pay for being able to enjoy the history of staying in one of the original Spanish town houses is that the rooms are small but this is dealt with by the Chinese terrace which is a perfect place to chill. But what sets this hotel apart from any that we have ever stayed at is the attention from the staff!

We had amazing service and attention from the minute we arrived. We felt as if we were house guests of true friends. The owner, Marcos, could not be more charming and hospitable as were the other members of staff who looked after us. (A special mention must go to Bolo for his story about his first sighing of snow! - priceless).

The hotel is in a quiet part of the Marbella Old Town and is close to everything of note in the town. There is no parking with the hotel but we had a car and parking wasn't anything like the problem we expected - but then we were in the lowest season. If I was going in high season I wouldn't bother with a car and would rent on locally for day trips.

Marcos invited us to see some of his other hotels within the Old Town and these were equally charming and unique. My wife and I are trying to work out when we can go back to Marbella just so that we can stay at the "Courtyard".

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WadeGray
Reviewed 29 November 2008

We stayed for 3 nights, when we arrived we were upgraded to the Banyan Room from the Langkawi. The room, the staff (especially Marcus, Amy & Daniella) were all amazing and our stay would not have been anywhere near as good if they were not there. Nothing is too much trouble. I have only been in a couple of places where the service is anywhere near this level. So congratulations to the whole team. If you really want an amazing stay in Marbella this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank TKL7
Reviewed 27 November 2008

Travelling around Andalucia for three weeks this November we stayed in some lovely, small hotels, but the Villa Marbella was our favourite. It managed to combine charm with an excellent standard of comfort. The room we stayed in was large and extremely attractively decorated. The bathroom was also spacious with good quality towels and fluffy bathrobes. (Marcos - for perfection, slippers would be nice in the winter for the tiled floors) There was in-room satellite TV and free Internet access available if required, and a library of books for swapping.

All staff were most welcoming and friendly, suggesting ideas for trips and meals out. A very good continental breakfast was provided on the pretty terrace of the main hotel, and my (Spanish) husband was in heaven because he could get a good cup of tea, cereal and proper orange marmalade. I particularly loved the fresh fruit cocktail. Indeed, for me, an upgrade to real coffee would be the only breakfast improvement possible.

The hotel is beautifully situated in the surprisingly quaint old quarter of Marbella. There is a brilliant selection of restaurants and bars nearby, but, as the streets around are all pedestrianised, it is very quiet and peaceful at night. A 10 minute stroll through a park with fountains and Dali statues brings you to the marina and main seaside promenade. Parking is in a 24 hour secure carpark a short walk away. We left our suitcases in the car and took what we needed for the night to save dragging our cases over cobbles.

Everyone involved in The Villa Marbella is to be congratulated. You have created a beautiful and unique hotel that also manages to be warm and homely. Well done, guys!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolPD
Reviewed 26 November 2008

There is one thing in this world that nobody can control and that is the weather but i am almost convinced that marcos at la villa marbella could if given the chance he made every aspect of our stay a memorable one.
four of us stayed at the appartment ( Sarawak ) a hop skip and a jump down the road and it was fantastic
we are in a similar business and he put me to shame with the attention to detail that he provided thank you marcos it was a pleasure to stay at your charming hotel

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank murphyHome
Reviewed 25 November 2008

I would like to add my appreciation to Marco, Boli and the team at La Villa Marbella on making me feel so at home during my 4 night stay. I had Room Angkor and was very happy with the cleanliness, style and privacy of my little courtyard room. I would highly recommend anyone staying at La Villa Marbella and hope to go back again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank havtago
Reviewed 24 November 2008

My husband and I will forever be grateful for discovering La Villa Marbella on tripadvisor! We stayed at La Villa Marbella for our honeymoon for 7 nights, and the only negative experience that we had was having to say goodbye to Marbella.

For the first 3 nights, we stayed in the Shanghai room, and we loved the room! Upon arrival, we were surprised to find a bottle of champagne in our room, compliments of La Villa Marbella. Unfortunately, it rained for the first couple of days during our stay, however, we still managed to have a great time in the Old town and even took a day trip to Mijas and Malaga. Marco was so sweet...he gave us a small bag of delicious chocolates with a note apologizing for the bad weather (which was clearly out of his control!). The staff who prepared our breakfast were also very warm and accommodating. The breakfast selection was also very impressive and tasty. There were several days where we couldn't finish the breakfast that we chose, and the staff wrapped the extra food (eg. chocolate croissant) for us to taking on our day trips.

For the last 4 nights, we stayed at the Banyan room, which was another beautiful and more spacious room. It's also more private, since it's located in another building that only has two large rooms in it. The security system in all the buildings was really impressive, so we felt safe the entire time.

Our Marbella trip turned out to be better than we could have ever imagined, and my husband and I are so relieved that we cancelled our original reservation at a larger chain hotel (El Fuerte, which is only a few minutes walk from LVM) and opted for a more quaint and personal experience. Our wish is that there was a "La Villa Marbella" in every city that we plan on visiting in the future!

Since returning to New Jersey, we have been sharing our experience with all of our friends and family. I've even recommended La Villa Marbella to a client, who ended up taking a detour during his Spain trip to take my advice of staying at LVM. I didn't know this until I received an email from him while he was there thanking me and to also tell me that Marco says Hi. Hi to you too, Marco, if you're reading this! :)

Thank you Marco, Bolli and the rest of the LVM team for such a memorable experience! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple