“Perfect Honeymoon”

Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Cheshire
“Perfect Honeymoon”
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Well, what a fantastic stay we have had. Stuart secretly chose this hotel for our surprise honeymoon destination. He could not have chosen better. The hotel is fantastically run. There is quite honestly nothing that we can fault it for. All the way from Marcos to the rest of the staff are superb. All friendly, attentive, polite and very approachable, but they are not in your face and intrusive. They are there when you need them (at any time!) whether for directions for a day out, to local restaurants or just a friendly chat.

Marcos is well travelled throughout the world, he and his lovely wife (the brains and looks behind the operation, sorry Marcos!) have taken the best of what they have seen else where and reproduced it at LVM within the confines of the beautiful villa's. Comfy and beautiful rooms, cleanliness, service and best of all a lazy breakfast (until 1PM). No rushing here to find there is nothing left at 9.30 in the morning like so many large hotels.

You will not find better service anywhere. Stuart secretly organised a family get together for the end of our honeymoon. Marcos managed to smuggle in all the surprise guests and to organise the secret reunion, he went way beyond the call of duty and it was a fantastic surprise. For the final two nights of our honeymoon marcos had arranged that all our family had the sole use of the court yard, absolutely brilliant!!!!

Credit should also go to the 'travel agents' whom stuart booked through, 'anamazingholiday.com' a big thank you to them for their great service.

We'll finish by saying, a big thank you to Marcos and his staff and 'anamazingholiday.com' We had the perfect Honeymoon and intend to return later this year for another totally chilled out and relaxed stay in our favourite hotel.

We have had no hesitation in recommending LVM to our friends. Our tip would be to go early or late summer (nice temperature and less tourists!).

Believe the tripadvisor ratings, LVM is really that good!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Me and my wifes' recent 3 night stay at La Villa Marbella was so much more enjoyable than we could have hoped for. We were met at the airport by a friendly bi-lingual driver, arranged by La Villa Marbella. There was even a welcome large ice-cold bottle of water waiting for us in the car! I would reccomend the taxi transfer, as the old town is not easy to navigate around to less familiar airport taxi firms. From start to end, Marcos, Bolivar and the rest of the staff made it their priority to meet and surpass our every need. Breakfast was very tasty. Plenty of choices, which we made in advance. Marcos, who served us breakfast made sure our tea and coffee cups were not left empty for more than a matter of seconds!
The location of the hotel is perfectly situated, tucked away into the small lanes of the old town. Only a stones throw from some very high standard restaurants and quaint shops, and a 5-10 min walk from the beach. Marcos made us one of his famous maps to help us get our bearings and also gave us some very helpful restaurant reccomendations. This was especially useful as there are just so many to choose from.
The room had everything we needed, including a powerful shower and free safe, and mini-bar. It is worth checking which different rooms are available when you book, as they come in different shapes, sizes and themes too. We stayed in Yangon - one of the more modestly sized and priced rooms, but was more than adequate for our needs.
On our day of checking out, rather than the expected offer of holding our bags until our transfer to the airport, we were given complimentary use of another room until departure.

We will return!

Martin and Chrissie Warlow, Wolverhampton, UK

London, UK
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I had to add to all the positive comments on here, as we had such a lovely time at La Villa, and it would almost seem rude not to. It's beautiful and charming in it's simplicity and much time, effort and money has clearly been invested in order to create something very special.

Marco and all the staff were fantastically friendly, welcoming and hospitable, and we got the feeling that nothing would be too much trouble (though hopefully we weren't). The location within Marbella Old Town is simply stunning and I would strongly urge anyone to pick this hotel.

Reviewed 16 May 2009

I really loved everything about this hotel. I was travelling alone and a little bit nervous about what my experience might be like. However, as soon as I arrived in Marbella, my mind was put to ease. I had arranged with Marcos to have a transfer service to LVM. Shortly after I got into the cab, Marcos called the driver to make sure I was on my way to the hotel. When I arrived at LVM, I was greeted by Marcos and was so impressed by his warm, caring and friendly manner. From that point on, everything just continued to get better. Marcos, Boli, Ben and Daniella, all come across as having a high degree of integrity, and are all so helpful without the slightest sense of being intrusive. They really make you feel like you are family. The hotel is right in the center of the old town (which is beautiful) and is within walking distance to everything. I found the breakfast to be delicious, loved the Egyptian cotton towels as well as the amazing chocolates that they put on your pillow every night. The room is immaculate and the bathroom is spacious and very modern. On my last day, I took a trip to Morocco and with the help of Marcos, hired a tour guide. While I was in Morroco, Marcos actually called the tour guide and then asked to speak to me to find out if everything was going okay and to see if I was having a good time. I am really not the type who writes reviews, but just wanted to share my experience with others. I also want to thank Marcos, Boli, Ben and Daniella for being so kind and gracious, and for making my experience so positive.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
cheshire
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I was concerned that La Villa Marbella might not live up to its tripadviser reputation, but my fears were unfounded. We stayed for one night having toured the Pueblos Blancos where we stayed in Paradores. The Paradores were indeed wonderful but the staff at LVM could teach Paradores staff a thing or two about customer service. Not to mention the numerous small touches that make LVM such a special place to stay.
The main building is compact, to be expected in an old town but we stayed down the street at the Courtyard which was excellent. Our room (Hanoi) was a good size and the barthroom was brilliant. The sitting room opposite out room was perfect for relaxing, the library of books a really thoughtful touch and the swimming pool altho small was wonderful, a real luxury in the heart if the town.
There is nothing I can add about the location of LVM. It is breathtaking. From reading other reviews I can see that people with young children who want a beach holiday might find LVM is not for them. But then again, it doesn't claim to offer this.
I will have no hesitaion to return there.
LVM surpasses expectations.

St Albans
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We had the pleasure of staying here for five nights in May and had an amazing time. Totally agree with the majority: excellent service, beautiful boutique hotel and fantastic surroundings. Would defiantly ask the staff recommendations on eating out we did 5 times and eat like kings! Marbella old town itself is beautiful cobbled streets, little niche shops and wonderful cafes/ bars on the way to stop off for light refreshments. The trip to Puerto Banus and the wonderful Ronda are defiantly worth seeing. All in all we had an amazing time and Marcus and his staff made sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Stamford
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Anybody will enjoy staying at La Villa Marbella. The rooms are perfectly decorated and laid out to a high standard. The roof top terrace for breakfast is a must with the stunning mountain views, and the location in the heart of Marbella old town is superb. The Orange Tree restauant in the evening is a must but dining out and wandering the old streets is amazing. The hospitality from Marcos and the Band was second to none, and if you cannot find the hotel (access by car is not easy) he will find you on his motor bike.

1 Thank PaulRStamford