“It Really IS that Great!”
Review of La Villa Marbella

La Villa Marbella
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I too found out about La Villa Marbella on TripAdvisor and wondered reading all the reviews if it were possible to be that great...well, my husband and I just came back from our visit to Spain and I can tell you that it IS that great. What a beautiful villa in the heart of the Old Town of Marbella. Set on a stunning little block with only a short walk to beach and restaurants around the corner. The room (Yangon) was lovely, cozy, and great value in this expensive town - and the a/c was the best one we encountered on our 2 week trip - an important point in heat of August! The roof deck was a great place to enjoy a drink and to have breakfast. And then there was the staff...they truly could not have been any nicer, more genuine and generally happy that you were enjoying their lovely hotel and wonderful town. Stop looking for a place to stay and book this place if there is still a room available. I know that I will be recommending this place to my friends and family. Actually, I wish we were still there right now.

2  Thank ND2000

Reviewed 19 August 2009

I actually found out about this little jewel through Trip advisor and I am so grateful I did choose it. Not knowing Marbella at all I had no idea where I was going to end as I wanted to be near my children who were doing summer camp in the outskirts of Marbella and at the same time I wanted some "me" time... Well I couldn't have chosen better. The location of the hotel is absolutely ideal, all practically at walking distance including the beach and a great variety of shops and restaurants. The hotel itself is absolutely charming as the name itself suggests and the attention and service you receive could not be topped up by anyone. I can't thank Marcos and his team for being so attentive to me and my youngest daughter. I am sure I will be seeing them all once again in the future. Will never forget Villa Marbella. My congratulations and best wishes to Marcos, Bolivar and Benjamin. See you again!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Yanomami1
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Like the other reviews, this hotel is great for a short stay. The service was excellent and makes up for all the shortcomings.

We stayed in the Hanoi room, which was very nice, but a little small, and a little loud being next to the front door (there are better rooms upstairs I think).

I wouldn't recommend for long stays (more than a week) and best suited for couples wanting a chilled out holiday. Its very quiet and chilled.

The location is excellent!! Staying in the middle of old town is a great choice.

I will definately be back one day.

1  Thank Dman7878
Reviewed 15 August 2009

La Villa Marbella is an absolutely amazing bed and breakfast in the heart of the old city of Marbella. During our visit, my wife and I compared other hotels we noticed around town and remarked at how lucky we were to have chosen La Villa Marbella - the two main buildings were located on literally the prettiest street in town.

The accommodations were 5-star. We stayed in the Halong room in the "Courtyard" building, which has the only private pool in all of old Marbella. We used the pool quite often after long, hot days of sight seeing or to rinse off after a day at the beach. Breakfast was served to order every morning (choices of cereal, croissants, ham, toast, fruit, coffee, tea, etc.) by a super friendly staff (Daniella was the best!).

But probably the best part of our visit was that we made new friends with the managers - Marcos (the owner), Bolivar, and Ben. They were ALWAYS available when we had questions about day trips (Marcos helped put together a fantastic day trip to Tangier, Morocco!) or dinner recommendations. They made everything easy and relaxing.

Overall, you simply cannot go wrong by staying at La Villa Marbella. We had an unforgettable trip and recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank JMcPh
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Villa Marbella for 10 days in the Lombok Room, the entire stay was fantastic from the service, food, room, and defiantly the best asset is the recommendations from the staff on restaurants, places to visit and just in general, not only were the recommendations fantastic but the directions to get to places were great and easy! We cant wait to come back and visit our friends Marcos, Bolivar, and Ben!

1  Thank kater922
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I've also stayed in this wonderful hotel based on the reviews and i can reassure everyone that this is the most wonderful place I've ever been to in my whole life.
I went there for my honeymoon; Marcos and his staff made this an unforgettable honeymoon ever.!!!!

We were offered an upgrade from Datai to Langkawi room, the room is beautiful and the ambiance was amazing. The breakfast is terrific with so many choices to have.

No words can really express my appreciation to the hospitality that we've experienced over there; They were all very kind and helpful and i really enjoyed staying there with my wife and i would definitely come back again whenever possible.

Thanks Marcos, Bolivar, Ben, Lupka & Diana for the nice memories you've left with us by your attitude.

Karim & Caroline (EGYPT)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Karim_Caroline
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We booked LVB based on the reviews on this website and were most certainly not disappointed. Both my husband and I work in major brand hotels and have very high expectations in customer service. LVB not only fulfilled our practical needs but also our emotional needs. Marcos, Bolivar and "Ben from Canada" went out of their way to ensure our stay was one of a kind!
Practical needs included room cleanliness, great location to the city center, beaches and nightlife. Efficiency with special requests by staff, 24 hour on call attitude best described as your own personal assistant., not to mention great recommendations of "must do's" while in Marbella - do yourself a favor and check out Don Alfredo's, just around the corner, Shayne and Atsa continue the great customer service. The tapas are excellent - the best hidden gem in Marbella.
Emotional needs included impeccable customer service, anticipation of every and all needs, unparalleled staff - ie: we were greeted by every staff member who remember our names and treated us like family.
Ask yourself, in what other hotel would you find the Owner/General Manager serving you breakfast and enjoying a cup of coffee with you while making sure you have his personal cell phone number in case you need anything!
LVB is a place for those travelers looking for something more unique and personal. large chain properties are in no way able to provide the warmth and attention that LVB is able to.
This has been without a doubt the best hotel experience we have had and will always make it a point to stay here when in Marbella.

1  Thank jayshay