“A home from home experience in the sun”
Review of La Villa Marbella

La Villa Marbella
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 14 September 2009

My husband and I stayed in the La Villa Marbella for a week at the end of August/beginning of Sept. It was a wonderful experience and the Hotel was all that we could wish for: Marcos and his team provide an excellent service, giving us very detailed information on places to eat, visit, etc. We were able to use the pool at The Courtyard and we had full use of this house as well. La Villa Hotel is charming, clean and location is excellent for the Old Town - 5 minutes walk, and 10 minutes to the beach - perfect for us and we are both in our 60's. The breakfast was excellent and served by the most friendly staff that we have ever met. We are planning to return very soon.
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending La Villa to anyone staying in Marbella. We took a day trip on the ferry to Porto Banus, and was disappointed - it is not nearly as nice a resort as Marbella: pavements away from the main street were filthy and there was much evidence of partying from local night clubs.
Marcos deserves credit for the effort he and his team have made in making La Villa a home from home, with the sun as a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathleenTyrone
There are newer reviews for La Villa Marbella

Reviewed 8 September 2009

When we told friends that we were going to Marbella for a holiday, they all thought that we would soon be wearing chunkey jewellery and fake tans. Buy a Bentley convertable, even. Marbella has a reputation for bling. Not so though. To be fair, it is quite a nice seaside resort. The bling has moved off down the coast to Puerta Banus, which has become decidedly seedy with the sort of stuff that follows the money.
Just across the main road running through Marbella is the old town, and you are a million miles from the seaside capers. The old town is a preserved warren of alleys and streets lined with old houses, a lovely town square and splendid churches. There are bags of decent restaurants and bars. Most seem to be populated by Spanish families on holiday, which says something about the place. What struck most, however, is that despite the tourism (or maybe because if it) there remains a strong residential flavour. The place is actually lived in, so there are plenty of local bars and cafes, including a great Flamenco venue at Flamenco Ana Maria - not to be missed.

And, central to all this is the Villa Marbella. What a gem. Owner Marcos has converted several period town houses to produce a delightful complex. The rooms are all tastefully furnished in Tibetian themes. The service is second to none. We were quite simply made so welcome. Marcos and his enthusiastic team went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and recommended all sorts of things to get the best out of our stay in the town.

Go to Marbella, stay at the Villa Marbella, and have a memorable holiday in spiffing good style.

1  Thank BrightonBandleader
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I just returned from a 12 day trip through Spain with my wife and 3 children, ages 17-25. We all had a great time but the highlight of the trip was the last three nights in Marbella. After traveling by plane, train and automobile through Spain, and staying in all 4-5 star hotels we were ready for the finale to our vacation. We were not disappointed. We settled in on the covered verand for a glass of wine and the breathtaking views of the Mediterrian. Our rooms were all at the top of the scale with every amentity you could ask for. We were made to feel at home with the impeccable service. They do not seem to know how to say no. All in all we could not have asked for a better place! Highly reccomend!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank WellTraveled51
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My boyfriend and I traveled to Marbella recently. This was not our first visit and we have grown accustom to the hotels of the area. We were happily surprised by this charming Hotel. We absolutely loved it! After all the traveling we do, I think that we have found a real diamond! I would certainly recommend to anyone visiting Marbella to stay there. It's a boutique hotel, which at the end of the day, provides a significantly better service than those conglomerate hotels of the Coast. The service was really outstanding, so accommodating, all about the details!

Loved it! And will travel soon this winter for our 2 year Anniversary!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LP23NYC
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I too found out about La Villa Marbella on TripAdvisor and wondered reading all the reviews if it were possible to be that great...well, my husband and I just came back from our visit to Spain and I can tell you that it IS that great. What a beautiful villa in the heart of the Old Town of Marbella. Set on a stunning little block with only a short walk to beach and restaurants around the corner. The room (Yangon) was lovely, cozy, and great value in this expensive town - and the a/c was the best one we encountered on our 2 week trip - an important point in heat of August! The roof deck was a great place to enjoy a drink and to have breakfast. And then there was the staff...they truly could not have been any nicer, more genuine and generally happy that you were enjoying their lovely hotel and wonderful town. Stop looking for a place to stay and book this place if there is still a room available. I know that I will be recommending this place to my friends and family. Actually, I wish we were still there right now.

2  Thank ND2000
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I actually found out about this little jewel through Trip advisor and I am so grateful I did choose it. Not knowing Marbella at all I had no idea where I was going to end as I wanted to be near my children who were doing summer camp in the outskirts of Marbella and at the same time I wanted some "me" time... Well I couldn't have chosen better. The location of the hotel is absolutely ideal, all practically at walking distance including the beach and a great variety of shops and restaurants. The hotel itself is absolutely charming as the name itself suggests and the attention and service you receive could not be topped up by anyone. I can't thank Marcos and his team for being so attentive to me and my youngest daughter. I am sure I will be seeing them all once again in the future. Will never forget Villa Marbella. My congratulations and best wishes to Marcos, Bolivar and Benjamin. See you again!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Yanomami1
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Like the other reviews, this hotel is great for a short stay. The service was excellent and makes up for all the shortcomings.

We stayed in the Hanoi room, which was very nice, but a little small, and a little loud being next to the front door (there are better rooms upstairs I think).

I wouldn't recommend for long stays (more than a week) and best suited for couples wanting a chilled out holiday. Its very quiet and chilled.

The location is excellent!! Staying in the middle of old town is a great choice.

I will definately be back one day.

1  Thank Dman7878