“A wonderful little gem in the heart of Marbella old town”

Hotel-Apartamentos Puerta de Aduares
Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We only stayed 1 night but the apartment was really spacious, clean and comfortable. It is in a busy part of town, close to many magical streets and alleys bursting with, bars, shops and cafes with a wonderful atmosphere. However, the hotel and apartments are situated on a quiet residential street with no through traffic and it was a lovely place to come back to.

Room Tip: Stayed in no.6
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wilyfox27

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Arrived to a lovely welcome, even though we were early the Apartment was ready and waiting. Hosts are a lovely helpfull couple who love to give you advice and help with local must see's and things to explore, great with advice for transport and when to get buses etc. Dori, was always at hand when needed and would always search on the web and print out when and how to get places, or maps to easily follow.
The apartment was exactly what we'd hoped, perfect old style charm with all the mod con's, clean and charming. Perfect location in the centre of the old town, lovely terrace which was perfect for just reading a book or having a glass of wine before going out for dinner.
Really comfy beds with air-con in each room, which is really needed! Compact kitchen with everything you need to make anything from a light lunch to a full dinner. Cleaned every day and new towels every other day unless you required them any other time. Was great to use and be able to pre book our homeward flights, they also organised our private transport to the airport with our bags collected at the front door- makes all the difference!
Marbella is a perfect retreat for a quiet break or a more lively holiday, the old town is beautiful with great restaurants and good bars with a real buzz!
We're defiantly looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the front, top apartment which is perfect, but by chance also got to see the other room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here for 11 nights recently. Had booked it based on the excellent reviews on trip advisor, and was certainly not disappointment. The owners, Doris and Jose are absolutely charming people. They could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable. They always welcomed you with a smile, and there with best possible practical advice on restaurants, shopping, trips etc. the apartment we had was a good size and very well equipped. We didn't do much cooking, but great to have a good sized fridge for cold drinks, and a microwave for breakfast, small snacks etc. The apartments are very well located, just on edge of Old Town. The street itself is pretty quiet, and extremely picturesque, with the small villas, flowers,etc. very close to good tapas bars, and only about 8-10minutes from the beach. Easy to get to everything from here. And a good supply of shops nearby for the essentials, and not far from a decent supermarket. Would highly recommend this as a place to stay if you dont want a typical hotel (anonymous) experience, but would like to experience a little bit more of an authentic Spanish experience. I will definitely visit again. Thank you again Doris and Jose for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Comfortable beds (unusual for this part of the world, and especially given so reasonable to stay her...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guest64Dublin
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My family and I sayed at Puerta de Aduares for two nights in Marbella. Earlier in the day we had stopped in Arcos de la Frontera and Ronda, respectively, and got a little behind on our time - arriving after the 10 pm deadline to check in. The owners, Jose and Dori, called to check in with us and stayed open late to check us in, all while taking the time to point out all their favorite locations on the map and make sure we were well-situated. I don't know how much of this is owed to the fact that we had called earlier to let them know we might be getting in on the later side, but I was still impressed with the way they exuded warmth and hospitality.

The apartments themselves were beautifully decorated - ours had two bedrooms and a living room/kitchenette to which the bathroom was attached. It was cozy to say the least, but even with four people it never felt cramped. In the heart of old town, restaurants and shops are easily walkable, and it was only 7-10 minutes' walk to the beach. My only minor gripe was that the internet password only allowed for one device at a time to be logged on. It really wasn't a problem, and the owners ended up giving us another password for the building across the way, but it bears mentioning if you plan on sharing an apartment with a business colleague and you both need to be on computers at the same time.

Overall I found Puente de Aduares to be a lovely place to stay with fantastically friendly owners. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We had a family suite which comfortably housed our family of four at a cost-effective rate. The old town location means you are 5 minutes from a wide range of restaurants in the many squares and you are 10 minutes from the beach. However the apartment was let down by a shower that wet everything but you (which only needed a new shower head that I was really tempted to buy and fix myself) and a sink that didn't hold water. The biggest issue was the fact that the apartment overlooked an alley where all the local drunks hang out - which meant you were unable to sleep because of the shouting (luckily my kids don't know many Spanish swear words). In the morning when you opened the windows there was an odour of stale urine from the street below. I would recommend having a look at other locations in old Marbella before booking this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the apartments in the block opposite the main hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Burywood
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Doris and Jose are delightful - full of information (travel/where to go etc) before and during your trip. We stayed (three girls) in room 8, which was an apartment with a twin bed bedroom and further bed in the living area. There is a small well equipped kitchen, air con in the bedroom and living area and lovely roof terrace - fantastic for breakfast (plenty of bakeries/supermarkets around) or an early evening drink. All very comfortable. We really liked staying in the town - lots of atmosphere and it is such a pretty little town. A taxi to then take you to Puerto Banus (for beach clubs or partying) or Nikki Beach is around 15 EUR (10-15 minutes drive). There is a town beach next to the old town but we much preferred the beach at Nikki Beach and thought it was worth the taxi fare. Convenient to get to from the bus station - 5 minutes in a taxi (approx 7-8 EUR fare). Basically, the apartment was comfortable and had everything we needed - including charming hosts.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma T
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is almost a carbon copy of the review that I posted on booking.com; i corrected a couple of errors that I made from my cel phone. The crux of it is the same.... great location, great value, great people!

This apartment is very clean. A sweet bedroom with a very good mattress and good linens. The people who run it,a husband and wife and even a very polite son are really there for any help. Everything they told me was perfect advice. The location really is even More Perfect than I anticipated. I was looking for relaxing beach place, safe and where I wouldn't need a car. This apartment is the best maintained on a beautiful quiet little street right on the middle of the old town and just maybe 5/10 minutes walk to the beach, then at night lots of great local kind of places to eat tapas. I was able to see in two other apartments, the studio on the second floor was good sized and also cute,I think a little cheaper than the apartment I had on the main floor. I really would have been fine with either but liked having a separate bedroom. The really nice one, i'm sure is more expensive but will be worth whatever price they decide to ask,I think they call the Bougainvillea suite. That's the one I want next. Over 3 floors, Very romantic looking but I would not hesitate to book it by myself or with a freind. I am already talking to some friends about going back next summer for more time. This is not luxury but clean quality location and real people who really care.

Room Tip: Go for the Bougainvillea suite if it's available, but really I'd be happy with any of these...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo