“A friendly place to stay”
Review of Hostal Berlin

Hostal Berlin
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay Marbella at this Hostal.
The rooms were very small and cramped but since was there for 3 nights wasnt a big issue. Luckily we took the lap top so could watch tv as of course their tv was all spanish.
Good thing im not fat because the shower was tiny!!!!!!!!!! Could not move in there.
The staff esp the daughter were very friendly and always willing to help. One man came in to our room at 11pm wanting a remote! Good thing we were dressed! Hope he worked there!
Overall a good place to stay for a few days but no longer than that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Perfectly situated for the old town and literally 5 minutes walk from the beach. Every single member of staff was very friendly and always glad to help. The room was kept very clean, towels changed every day and bedding changed frequently too. The shower whilst small, worked well and the Aircon was just brilliant. Furniture is spartan, but that was to be expected, it's not a hotel.
A family run business, who treated me as one of their own, headed by Ximena, who is an absolute gem of a girl and a mine of information on anything you need to know, it stands out she loves what she does.
I traveled solo and stayed 11 nights, it was the perfect place for me and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Growlsky
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

dear Steve,

its been a pleasure to meet you!! we have really enjoyed your stay with us! we welcome you back any time and wish you all the best, also look forward for some nice curry when we go to scotland ;) ! big hug, Ximena

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I'm more of a 5star hotel person, but we're on a 'budget' holiday so I was looking on a hostel website. The location looked central and the reviews of this place were good, so we gave it a try.

The hotel is very clean, and feels very safe. There is always someone in reception and they are always happy to help. They speak excellent English.

The rooms are basic, but the beds and very comfy! If I hadn't have felt like I'd be wasting my holiday if have slept in until dinner!

The location is really good, quick (2-5min) walk to old town in one direction and beach in he other.

I'd happily stay here again. It's great value, and I'm no longer such a snob.

Thanks very much hostal Berlin!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank joobes3007
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

thank you so much for your review, we really apreciate it! its the best feeling to know our job is correctly done! thanks again!

XImena

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Berlin illustrates the fact that a great hotel is not made from the number of stars, but rather from the perfect combination of factors; Clean rooms, good airco, 5 minutes from promenade, beach, and old town - and great service from the staff who are genuinely friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended by an experienced traveller on holiday with wife and two teenage daughters.

Many Thanks Ximena!

Patrick.

Room Tip: Recommend the rooms with balcony and separate bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

thank you so much for your review! it has been such a pleasure to meet you and your family! I really apreciate so interesting talks we had! we wish you the best for you all!
regards
XImena

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My friend and I are just home from a 4 night stay.
We found this hotel on Ryanair website when we booked our flights - it was fantastic value!

The Hostal is a short walk to ‘Old Town’, Marbella.
We had such a friendly welcome – and nothing was too much trouble!
Our room was very clean and the air-con extremely welcoming and efficient!
There are en-suite rooms, but we had a room with a balcony over the front entrance and a key to our very own bathroom on the landing. Despite our initial hesitation – this proved an excellent choice and we were still completely private.
Considering how central the Hostal is, and how busy – we found it very quiet.
Our twin beds were very clean and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was served downstairs in the communal room, which is just like someone’s living room!This was 3euros each and consisted of orange juice, breads/toast and croissants and lovely coffee – kept us going for hours!
The location is fantastic for walking to the beach, Old Town, and a wide choice of restaurants!
There is a pub just a 100yards away, used by the locals, in which we had a ‘nightcap’ each night!
We felt very safe walking around the area day and night!
Our only negative is that there is no lift and we were on the 2nd floor. Also cars cannot reach the front door – we had to be dropped off by shuttle or taxi and walk up San Ramon with our luggage – but it’s not far.
To Do:
We recommend the catamaran from Marbella front to Puerto Banus – sit and have a sangria and lunch in one of the restaurants overlooking the beach... 15 euros return – a lovely trip.
Also recommend a great buffet meal at a Chinese restaurant 200 yards from Hostal Belrin– get vouchers on a town map from the hotel (6:30 euros on a weekday!).
A classy Italian meal can be had at Casa Tua in Old Town...
A great stay, fantastic location and excellent value!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MrsAT48
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My bridesmaids and I are just home from a 3 night stay here and could not have been happier with the accommodation. We were looking for somewhere cheap for a last minute break before my wedding. For the money the place is better than you could imagine and also the friendly and helpful service we received was a definite highlight for us. We had a 2 and 3 person room which had plenty of space for our requirements, our towels were refreshed daily and the place was spotless. It is up a lovely wee pedestrian street in the old town and the beach is no more than 5 minutes away. The Hostal owners gave us great food recommendations and allowed us to eat somewhere different every night, off the beaten track from the usual tourist spots. I would stay there again if I was to go back to Marbella and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Just returned from 8 days in this very nice guest house. Immediately I arrived I was offered choice of 2 rooms. I was very happy with my choice which had a balcony overlooking the pedestrian only street. It was a bit cold in the evenings but I need not have worried as there was a very efficient electric radiator provided and always extra blankets.. The family who owned the hostal made me feel very welcome. The whole establishment was absolutely spotlessly clean too.The position could not have been better, just on the edge of the old town and close to the seafront. A special thanks to Ximena who always had time for a chat and spoke perfect English. There was no English TV on the flat screen TV in the bedroom but you could always watch English BBC news in the downstairs area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank alan_226_12
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

thanks so much Alan for your review!!, we appreciate also the lovely talks we had and wish you the best, you are welcome any time! best regards
Ximena