“Excellent Hostal”

Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Utrecht, Netherlands
“Excellent Hostal”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the four person room during our one and a half week holiday and had a perfect vacation. The room is small, but we managed to get everything in there and the huge roof terrace was very nice for having a drink and playing a game in the evening. Location couldn't be better, supermarket and beach are a 3 minute walk and the main bars of Marbella are only 10 minutes away. If you exit the hostel opposite of the beach you'll find yourself directly in the charming old town. The only downside was that there was no fridge in the room but we were allowed to store our items in the main fridge in the kitchen so that was taken care of. Overall a wonderful hostal with very nice staff and a great location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've just returned from a 6 day holiday with my sisters...we've been to Marbella several times now and always opted to stay in hostels, which really, over there, are more like small hotels. I've always found them to be of a high standard and Hostal Berlin was no exception. Rooms were small but had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable, no kettle or fridge but the staff were very gracious in letting us store our food and other condiments in the main kitchen as we had made the mistake of buying several items for our breakfasts. The rooms were very clean and the domestic staff were lovely. The staff running the hostel were a delight, their English was excellent and they couldn't have been more helpful in every aspect of the holiday. I would definitely recommend this hostel for people who weren't looking for luxury but welcoming, safe and very central stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank agnes m
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would advise to stay at Hostal Berlin in Marbella to everyone who search good value for money.
It is a small and very cosy hostal near the city centre and the beach. I stayed at the single room with bathroom, air-conditioner and TV. Rooms are cleaned on the daily basis.When you chek in you are provided with a free map. Breakfast is served personally and includes toastes, jam, butter, coffee, tea or chocolate free refill for very small pay. The personnel is very friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed my stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a gem. Small 'personal' hotel, in a great location on the edge of the old town and minutes from the beach. This is a budget hotel, and amazingly good value. I had a single room which had everything i wanted, including a nice en-suite shower room. Lovely staff too. For the price, amazing service

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michaelakadean
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hostel was just perfect. The staff were all lovely, especially Ximena (and her 2 beautiful dogs) They were welcoming and really helpful, giving us some fab recommendations for restaurants and marking them out on maps. The rooms were plenty big enough and were very clean and tidy. It is really close to the beach and all of hey he restaurants and is situated on a beautiful little street.
Wifi worked really well. I would highly recommend it and can't wait to go back again! It really is a great place!
See you again soon!
Rebecca Guy xx

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bec20142014
HOSTALBERLIN, Recepción at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank so much Mrs. Guy!

You will be welcome to our little hostal anytime you want!

We hope to see you soon around us.

Best wishes,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this budget hostal based on excellent reviews from previous customers but then had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. Cynthia at the hostal was fantastic and refunded my booking payment in full. When I am next in Marbella I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ExplorerMike57
Thank you for your opinion Mike.

I am sorry that you cancelled your trip to Marbella; you will be welcome anytime to our hostal. You know where you can find us.

Best regards,
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed there for 6 nights, and I think I got a good value for my money. Staff was really nice and room was good ( I actually got to choose between 2 rooms when I arrrived )
I can surely recommend this place and the location is superb...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you Iris for your opinion.

If you ever come back to Marbella, you know where you can find us. You will be welcome!

Best wishes,