“Ok for a sleep but nothing special or exiting”

Senator Marbella Spa Hotel
Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Mosvow
“Ok for a sleep but nothing special or exiting”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Hotels in Marbella are expensive and talking about value for money is difficult. We had a junior suit and it had a bath top on the center of the room. Looked more like a bit of cheap place than a classic and nice thing to have. We sleep ok and that is the best I can say !

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank JensPerregaard
P-Stor, Propietario at Senator Marbella Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all what it could have been.
We regret not covering your expectations and we will be delighted if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in any of our establishments.

Gerente Senator Marbella SPA Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was one of my most enjoyable stays. Check in was very smooth and staff were friendly and attentive. Our room was big with a balcony, clean, not noisy and loads of ample storage. The SPA area had it all, cold rain shower, citrus bath, naked sauna and non naked sauna, cold bath, whirlpool, ice shower, gym, hairdresser, etc. Breakfast was a real treat with plenty to chose from and you could get yourself fresh omelette and eggs. I personally helped myself to the free Champagne glass. The location is also spot on as you are only 5 minutes away from the best part of the beach with loads of buzzing restaurants and shops. My personal favourtite was Cappuccinos. The best thing about this hotel was the stunning pool roof terrace with breathtaking views. There is a massive swimming pool and 2 smaller round whirlpools. A bar provides refreshments and sandwiches. If I really was to find a flaw, there are only 2 minor. Our Standard WIFI connection was not stable in our room but very stable & fast in reception and if you want to be near the Club & Bar Hot Spots in Puerto Banus, you should chose a hotel closer to there. We always went by cab and we were charged approx. 25 Euro return which is not too bad. Nevertheless, Senator Marbella will always be my home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Christian M
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.
We once again thank you and are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments

Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Chose the hotel for hen weekend because of price. Its in excellent location only 200m to promenade taking you into old town. Lovely rooftop pool area with bar but not really for kids.The rooms were well kept and clean.The reception staff helpful and pleasant.Breakfast was good.There were 9 of us and all agreed this well located hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Holidayaddict75
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Marbella Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014

Bronx, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel and had mixed feelings about our stay.

We drove to the hotel, and had difficulty locating the entrance, you need to drive through a shopping center parking lot to get there. This parking lot and along the side of the hotel are where you should park, because if you park in the hotel underground lot, you will pay per night.

The hotel staff had adequate English.

The rooms could use a bit of updating, though the bathroom was nice. Our room also had a nice terrace with a table, 2 chairs and a drying rack (very smart). If you would like to use the room safe, you will again need to pay per night.

The hotel spa had a lot of choices, but it didn't find any of the hot water choices to be more than warm. Please be advised that you will need to pay to rent towels as well (same goes for beach and pool towels). They also provide a little tote in each room which you can take with you to the beach or pool.

The hotel is in the perfect location to walk to the nearby beach which is very nice. The 7th floor pool area was very nice with plenty of room to sit. However, on Saturday afternoon when I went to get a soda from the pool bar, I was told that they were all out of soda. Why more was not brought up from the lobby bar is unclear to me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler47369
Dear Guests,

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was just perfect. I actually can't fault it really. Perfect location, a feast for breakfast, lovely staff, lovely room with fantastic views of the sea and mountains. Our room was cleaned daily and spotless as was the rest of the hotel. Roof top pool and bar were just amazing with added bonus of 2 jacuzzis and beautiful views. My daughter and I had such a fabulous time here and in the lovely resort of Marbella. Thoroughly enjoyed the walked to Puerto Banus too. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely come back without a shadow of a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sea/ mountain view. We were on the second floor which was fine.there are 7 floors...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KATYD186317

West Drayton
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We are just back from a 3night/4 day trip. I travelled with my 16 year old son and booked very last minute. This hotel is an absolute gem. Its location is perfect - short pleasant walk to the beach - 10 mins either way to Puerto Banus and Nikki Beach in a taxi. A first class supermarket across the road in El Corte Ingles (downstairs). I could not find a single fault with the hotel. It is clean, the staff are courteous and friendly and the roof top pool was fabulous and had amazing views. No mad scramble with people putting towels out at stupid times.
I had read on previous views that people were complaining about the breakfast selection. Not sure what they had expected...there was something to suit everyone. Scrambled eggs, bacon & omlettes cooked to order. Cereals,meats, cheeses, fruit, cakes - even a glass of Cava on hand if you wanted it.
We had a room on the first floor - it had a large patio area and yes it did overlook the carpark - it really was not an issue. I did not travel to Marbella to sit on my patio (although once sitting down you could not see the car park anyway) - just lovely views of the mountains.
I have absolutely no hesitation is recommending the hotel and certainly intend to revisit.

Room Tip: Clearly the higher the floor the better the view those to the side do have views of the car park but...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Crewmate
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Marbella Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014

Gerente
ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here with my family in August and the hotel is fabulous. The location is perfect for a beach holiday as the nicer part of the beach is a very short walk from this hotel. There is a supermarket beside the hotel for our bits and pieces and the restaurant had a great buffet selection including freshly squeezed orange juice. The roof top pool and jacuzzi was spotless as were all the sun loungers , I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014