Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus
US$344
US$177
US$218
US$211
Aparthotel Puerto Azul Marbella(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$215
US$185
Cancelon
1,011 results
All reviewsjunior suitepuerto banusmistral beachhot tubsea viewpool areabeach pathcd playerrooftop terracebeach barchampagne bardining tablelovely hotelbeach fronthuge balconyreception staffout of season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

After having stayed at this hotel about 6 years ago and really enjoyed it we decided to give it another go on our recent visit to Puerto Banus.
We had booked a superior suite with pool or sea view and was delighted to be upgraded on arrival to one of the Banus Suites. The room itself was pretty similar to the standard and superior suites (which are very nice) the main difference being the fact that they are beach front with fabulous 'wall of glass' windows overlooking the beach from both the bedroom and the lounge area. Really lovely rooms (though they are starting to show their age - and maintenance around the hotel in general is perhaps not as good as it could be) and you would have to be very fussy to find any cause for complaint.
Breakfast was buffet style but a good and plentiful selection although the coffee wasnt the best. Also had lunch at the pool bar a couple of times and thought it was fine.
We always found there to be plenty of loungers available around the pool whatever time we arrived, however we were at the hotel for 4 nights from Tuesday leaving Saturday morning and as the weekend approached the hotel was becoming more busy so maybe more of an issue over the weekend.
The hotel does seem to attract quite a lot of single sex groups (mainly british and middle aged) who can get a little loud and lairy so perhaps not the best choice for a romantic break. The location is fine, directly on the beach and as othes have said perhaps a 10 minute stroll along the beach to the port. However I wouldnt want to be walking back along the beach late at night. All in all a nice hotel in a good location - but check the port is the place for you before you choose this hotel. We thought Puerto Banus has definitely become more flashy than classy since we last visited - may be the 'only way is essex' factor and much preferred the couple of evenings we spent in the Orange Square area of Marbella than those spent in the port itself.

Room Tip: The beachfront Banus Suites are fab - choose a higher floor for the best views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank finakyes
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here, Puerto Banus is about a 15 minute stroll on the beach path. Breakfast was very good. Taxi to Marbella was about 13e, Orange sqaure is a good place to visit. Location was great right on the beach, always plenty of beds around pool and if you were up by 10am you always got a bed on the beach, the Beach bar quys were great, very helpful..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I visit 2 or 3 times a year for a couple of weeks at a time to get away from my business and the wife. Rooms are always comfortable, food is excellent, service is top-shelf and the staff on reception are always able to introduce me to female company for the duration of my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed there around Christmas time last year and loved my stay.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful and the location is beautiful.

Our family had two rooms and once the others decided to upgrade their room from a double room, our room was upgraded at the same time. The room was very big, spacious and the private terrace was big, beautiful and calm. The rooms were just perfect! There was even nice kitchen areas in them that I hadn't expected at all!

The breakfast was just great. Lots of choice and especially the choice of fresh fruit and fresh made juices made me the happiest girl on earth.

It was calm and pretty, loved the fact that everything was possible just when you went outside. Room service was very nice as well.

I must say that the south of Spain would not be the spot I would choose during the high season if expecting a quiet, calm and very private and intimate holiday, no matter what the hotel is like. It will never be quiet, calm and intimate holiday under the roasting sun and all the tourists around you, the beach and the swimming pool. That's just the fact.

When we stayed there during the low season it was just perfect.

Tried one of the restaurants as well and it was nice and the service was good.

I have no complaints and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I tend to spend one night every year in this hotel at the end of my vacation in Tarifa, to spend a last night in Puerto Banus, before catching a plane in Malaga. So I know this hotel for a few years now.

It has pro and cons.

The hotel is modern, and for once in Spain for a recent building, nicely built. It has a superb swimming pool, direct access to the beach, and several restaurant. Food is more than OK. Staff is nice and polite.

The bedrooms are modern, clean and nicely furnished. Pillows are terrible and should be change either for duvet (this is 5 stars) or softer ones.

I was staying on the 3rd floor this time, and other guests staying above came in very late (3-4 AM), making a lot of noise. As the floor is in tiles it is very noisy. This is bad.

The hotel is close to the port, 5-10 min walk.

After Marbella Club and Puente Romano, I believe it's the best value for money in town

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family