“Value for money!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Marbella
London
“Value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 days in early November. As I was 6 months pregnant, we were after a relaxing atmosphere where we could really recuperate and enjoy eachother's company before the baby arrive.
Whilst hotel may not be up to 5* standard over all due to somewhat dated and tired decor/features, the rooms are very big. We stayed in a junior suite with 'whirlpool' and were super impressed upon arrival. Kitchen is luxurious and smart and the amount of space in the suite was incredible. The two story balcony was simply amazing and had panoramic views of the sea and mountains as well as overlooking the pool area. The jaccuzzi on the roof was heaven!
Whilst not much in terms of restaurants and shops around the hotel, Puerto Banus is a short (10-15min) walk away by the beach. There you can find shops, restaurants, bars etc
All in all we were very pleased with our choice and I would definitely recommend the hotel to any of our friends/family as well as visit again. Loved it!

Room Tip: Room 417 :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ditzy200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm sharing a view before we arrive - so this could be bad news for our stay if the management hate this. However I want to share the booking experience and follow up from the staff.

I booked the hotel for me, my wife and our 2 year old son for just after the wet new year in the UK; plus additional accommodation for our parents to join us. That process was very smooth.

However I wanted to make a couple of additional arrangements for transfers, a bed guard for my son, a rental car, and a couple of questions regarding my son's food allergies (always a challenge on vacation). So I sent a note to the contact email address at the bottom of the booking confirmation email.

No reply to the email as days went past. I called again and was told that the staff were on holiday. A few days before we travelled, I called again and asked for the manager. He was on holiday, and no other manager was working (getting worried yet?). So I looked on trip advisor for poor reviews in order to see if any manager had ever responded to feedback, so I could contact directly. There were no responses - even more worrying... Typically I am pragmatic with poor reviews; some are left by competitors, and some people are just awful regardless if the bedrooms are gold-plated. However the lack of response is not smart in this day and age.

Eventually I got through to the reservations department, back from vacation. They told me that my requests were received and passed to the front-desk. On being transferred to the front-desk, they asked me to send the questions again and I would hear from them tomorrow.... we're travelling in a couple of days and the signals are not good. There is NOONE to talk to, escalate too. Nothing. Odd. I'll update this when I return - hopefully with some good news...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank familytravellers9999
Tallinn, Estonia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Pool area is nice but everything is closed on winter time, so that doesn't help much. Service and the view was the only good things. Superior room looks like its 200 years old and it was very dirty, we stayed there for 2 weeks and I don't think they washed the floor even once. Not even after we asked them to. If it would be 2 stars, then you maybe could overlook all the worn out sheets and towels breaking from each side but calling it a 5 star hotel is just rude. We certainly stay out from there and definitely would not recommend it to anybody who looks for comfort and quality.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kai D
LEEDS, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are staying here for a week. We booked a Junior Suite and stayed on a half board basis. The hotel was an excellent choice as it is only a 10 minute walk into Puerto Banus and is situated right on the beach. There is a beautiful boardwalk in front of the hotel which allows lovely walks in either direction. Our room consisted of a seperate lounge and kitchen area. There were two televisions both which received English channels. The restaurant was super for both breakfast and dinner and the staff friendly and efficient. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SMLEEDS
Meise, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Wonderful hotel, perfect service, staff always helpful and attentive to your needs, nice spacious rooms, real 5 star services. Planning already a return to this hotel, wonderful breakfast, excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: junior-suite-deluxe wonderful spacious, with nice private roof-terrace with a Jacuzzi and Solarium
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We checked in on the 3rd October 2013. We have stayed in Puerto Banus many times and I decided that for my husbands BIG birthday, after having spent many happy days on Mistral beach and seeing the Guadalpin behind, we decided to book a roof terrace suite at the Guadalpin for a change. We were certainly not dissapointed! On arrival, we pulled up outside the hotel to be greeted by the charming valet parker, who took our car down to parking and we went to check in. We saw a sign saying that it may be possible to upgrade, which we took advantage of and were moved immediately to the presidential suite. I cannot fault the staff and their willingness to help, assist and ensure our stay was perfect! Our suite, although space is limited in the bathroom and bedroom, was superb. We were so excited walking up the outside steps to our huge roof terrace which included a dining table and chairs, a hot tub, two sunbeds and a perfect sitting/lounge area...but the view was spectacular! It was very private (apart from your opposite neighbour - who was rarely out on his terrace!)and we instantly felt relaxed and ready to enjoy our 5 nights stay. In the bedroom the doors opened almost fully to reveal the perfect view of the sea and the beach down at Mistral. You could just about hear the restfull music being played and I found myself occasionally, when I had had too much sun, cooling down in the bedroom with the doors pulled back and laying on the bed! In the suite there was a kitchen area, superb lounge and dining space and a terrace to have drinks before venturing out to the port in the evening. We felt so at home that we decided to have room service for most of our lunches up on the top deck. The staff could not have been more pleasant to us and nothing was too much trouble. It is only a few minutes cab drive from the port and we never had to wait for a cab to as there was always a queue of cabs directly ourside the hotel. Breakfast was delicious with an egg chef to cook omelettes/poached/fried/scambled etc and plenty of choice of fruits cereals, meats, cheeses and pastries etc. After having a thoroughly relaxing and spoilt time we have decided to go back to the Guadalpin for New Year with our Children and their other halves, so four rooms in total! We were totally blessed in October with perfect weather, I just hope that we are as lucky, as we have been in previous years, that it is as good this New Year! I cannot wait to go back. Huge thanks to all the staff for looking after us!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Ok guys, when we got there we had a rental car so we asked hotel about parking and they said it was 15 e per day, yikes, however, worry not plenty of parking outside. When we arrived we were greeted by lovely staff. We went to our room junior suite which over looked a wall and it was just depressingly dull. We paid 1300 for this accommodation. I called reception to get a different room/ upgrade we ended up upgrading to executive suite over looking the sea with wall to wall windows it was absolutely amazing the views etc, although this cost an extra 550e which I think was a bit much considering the amount we had already paid :-(
Breakfast was good choice of champaign :-) lots to choose from couldn't fault this at all cakes, cereal, fruit, eggs , etc.
bacon location was excellent 5 mins walk along beach to get to the port , hotel fairly expensive and the beach bar also but the prawn pil pil was amazing :-) would go back to this hotel everything was perfect except the wallet :-p

• Stayed September 2013