“Fantastic staff!!”

Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Dublin
“Fantastic staff!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel for a weeks holiday I had read all the reviews good and bad and generally I don't write reviews often unless I'm really impressed, I don't bother saying anything bad as I find it very unnecessary. I arrived late one Tuesday evening and was shown to my room, it was a regular double and I asked of they had a different one as I wanted to see the sea if possible, that was no problem at all for them so they showed me a different room, unfortunately that room Had a big bush blocking the view!!! So I asked for another!!! Juan the man at reception could not have been nicer, he was really accommodating and offered me an upgrade to a suite and showed me to the room.. Well it was fabulous!!! And not too much more expensive. So I was delighted!! I could see the sea and the pool and my room and a bedroom and a huge living room and terrace. I cannot stress enough how amazing Juan at the desk was, throughout my weeks stay he was so lovely and helpful and really made my stay very enjoyable. The breakfast was included and was fabulous. All the staff were so friendly and nice at breakfast and Jose Antonio the restaurant manager was also so nice and accommodating. This hotel has a great location right on the beach with a lovely short stroll along the promenade to Peurto Banus. Thank you all the staff for a fabulous stay at your hotel. The owners should be very proud of their super staff :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sweetie P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years and keep coming back mainly because of the great situation, being able to walk to Puerto Banus and be on the beach in seconds! The hotel seemed to have improved slightly with new sun loungers by the pool and some painting being done to the woodwork around the Hotel.
There wasn't much of a warm welcome from the lady at reception when we arrived and everything we asked for wasn't possible! The staff are perfectly pleasant when you need something, bringing cases up to the room, getting more pillows etc, but really for the standard of hotel there isn't really any SERVICE and there are lots of tatty areas, around the grounds and in the rooms.
The breakfasts are good with a very friendly face from the lady at the Egg station each morning and plenty choices of food.
This hotel could be amazing if someone managed it properly and smartened it up - the area is so good, many hotels would give a lot for the location without any roads to cross etc to get to the beach...
We left the hotel at the end of ur week, pulling cases and bags - but not one of the staff behind Reception even raised their heads to say goodbye or ask if we'd had a good stay!
Says it all really!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scotsgourmet
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Polite and helpful staff, especially the lady in the sports bar. Our room was very small and dated we had to stand back to pass each other. Chipped furniture and cigarette burn hole in the drapes. Terrace door had broken lock so we were unable to secure. Shower head was the wrong fitting for the shower and so water leaked everywhere. Glass shower frame was a bad fit and again water leaked everywhere. Towels were thin and balding. Whilst there was a dressing gown in the room no slippers were available, Room appeared to have been stocked for one as the toiletries were very limited and did not include cotton make up removal pads nor cotton buds all the touches you would expect from a 5 star. Hotel managers should endeavour to stay overnight in a selection of rooms to experience things from the guest stance.On checking out I gave a list of the numerous maintenance issues to reception. I was advised I should have notified them earlier and it would have been addressed but as we were only staying one night and the list of maintenance requirements was quite lengthy I did not see the point. Guests should not have to bring these type of issues to the attention of the staff certainly not in what is listed as a 5 star hotel. The final straw was at check out when was I was advised that there was a breakfast charge pending we did not have breakfast and I had to wait whilst this was being checked out presumably with the restaurant. Whilst waiting there was a couple checking in and I guessed from the questions being asked their expectation of the Hotel on arrival was the same as mine had been. They were allocated their room and I was not surprised when they re appeared within a short space of time luggage in tow requesting a room change.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank annette s
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We went there for a little week away after a friend had recommended the hotel to us. We had a Junior Superior suite, with a sea/pool view. This was nice, lots of space on the balcony, settees, tables and chairs, and the same inside with a little kitchen. I agree with some previous posters, it would be definitely worth upgrading to the deluxe suites with the roof terraces - to maximize the amount of sunshine falling on your balcony.

The staff at the desk are very helpful and friendly, if you ask for something for the room, kettles, bottle opener etc, they arrive at your door in minutes. The food in the restaurant is lovely, and much better than the food at the restaurants at the front of the port, but not when you go down for breakfast. At breakfast you get the choice of continental breakfast or an egg station, which is good, and then you have sausages, beans, fatty bacon and grilled tomato - these were sometimes cold - I think the breakfast gave a poor impression of how good the restaurant really is.

If we go back to Puerto Banus I would not hesitate in booking the same hotel again, we walked into the port along the beach boardwalk each night and there didn't seem to be any strong competition at all. This hotel looks nice and the staff are great!

Room Tip: I would ask for a pool/sea view, as some of the rooms on the outside will just be facing other hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a long weekend at end of March, on arrival we got upgraded to a junior suite with a large terrace directly overlooking the sea which was a huge bonus. Staff were very accommodating and extremely friendly, service at breakfast was exemplary.
The hotel is well located directly on the beach, just a short walk to Puerto Banus.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
West Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Book the Junior Suite Deluxe! This room has chic little kitchen sitting /dining room tv. Bedroom with super king bed and tv.Lots of wardrobe space and ensuite. Two terraces both with seating dining areas .Top terrace has hot tub! and sun loungers. Absolutely fantastic and ideal for our 40 th anniversary and new year celebrations. With family living in Marbella we were able to entertain as it was so roomy ! Also half the price of hotels with the same facilities on the other side of Banus. Don't be put off by the fact it is in a residential area. It's right on the beach and a 10 minute stroll along the prom to Puerto Banus cocktails ,nightlife ,shops etc. Staff were great. Cleaned every day with towels changed etc. Will be back soon.Oh and make full use of room service ....well worth it as you won't want to leave the room!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the sea. Best views ...I think the side rooms might not get as much sun and also...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsingborg,sweden
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We had a lovely suite with two terraces and a jacuzzi bath. The roof terrace was huge with nice furniture and lots of space. The suite it self was nice but with dark and heavy furniture. Rooms were not properly clean. On the terrace the was lots of pistachio shells om the floor. Staff took care of it without any issues.
Breakfast and dinner was superb. Friendly staff in restaurant. Pristine beaches just footsteps away from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family