“Best boutique hotel ....... ever!”

The Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel is, quite simply, phenomenal. It is furnished exquisitely. It is peaceful and quiet with staff who could not do more to make us feel welcome throughout our stay. Delicious breakfasts and poolside snacks. Definitely going back soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My partner and I just returned last night from the Marbella Heights Hotel having had the best time. When I booked the hotel on-line and looked at all the pictures on the hotel website, I thought that there was no way it could be as lovely as it seemed but I have to say if anything it was even better!

Every single thing about the Marbella Heights Hotel was absolutely stunning! From the architecture of the villa, the artwork, the front and back gardens, down to the smallest items like the toiletries in the bathroom, the hotel has been decorated and furnished to the highest possible standard. The hotel opened seven years ago but looks brand new. Our room had a double aspect with balcony. The views are magnificent – Old Marbella, mountains and the ocean. There is a golf course very nearby and a fabulous beach just a couple of minutes drive away.

Mercedes (the co-owner) who designed the hotel, is on site every day, together with Carlos (assistant manager) and they made our stay at their hotel a most wonderful experience. Nothing was too much trouble. Although it is technically a bed and breakfast, the food, like everything else there, was outstanding - both to look at and to taste. We ate lunch there, which was excellent and I’m sure we would have been able to have dinner there too had we wanted to. The white sangria was delicious!

I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and have already started to spread the word amongst my friends and colleagues! I absolutely can’t wait to go back.

Thanks again Mercedes and Carlos for a fantastic week!

2  Thank Lu-Simons
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I visited Marbella for the first time for our 1st wedding anniversary and we booked the Marbella Heights based on the previous reviews and we hoped for great things. We were not disappointed.

From arrival the ever helpful Carlos welcomed us with a glass of Cava and had prepared our wonderful room ("Java") for us with more Cava and chocolates. He even kindly distracted my wife a mini tour whilst I wrote out a little note for the room and then placed it up there ready for us after our drink. Carlos was excellent the whole trip, organising and delivering breakfast and booking taxis for us when we wanted to visit the old town Marbella.

This set the tone for the whole visit. We felt like family visiting a family members beautiful home, was a real personal experience continued through the 2 nights we stayed there with the wonderful Mercedes looking after my wife with pain killers on our last day (were we were allowed to stay as long as we wished as we had a late flight), to a lovely hug for us both when we left.

The hotel has a real exclusive retreat feel about it, only a small number of beautiful rooms, nothing was too much trouble and we were looked after from start to finish. Would 100% be back. Can't recommend highly enough.

We would recommend a hire car for your stay. Hotel is easy to find right next to the Rio golf course a little out of Marbella town. Taxi was around 15 euro 1 way to Marbella itself where we had a number of wonderful meals. Puerto Banus a further 10 euro away.

Finally (as I know they read these) a HUGE thank you from us both to Mercedes and Carlos for a truly memorable stay. Thank you.

1  Thank Phil_Lilly
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel is located in a beautiful setting in the hills of the Reo Real section of Marbella with ocean views from the lovely & relaxing balcony terrace. Our room was very nice & accommodating and we had a great nights sleep in the large & very comfortable bed. Our family arrived late on our first night at the hotel and we were given a warm reception from Carlos who was so kind to make us some pizza & serve us beer since we had not had time to get dinner that evening having come back from a tour of Morocco that day.We were up for breakfast the next morning where we enjoyed our selections of food in a lovely room with nice views of the ocean. I really liked the chocolate bread, which I had never had before. We spent the second day of our stay at the Reo Real Beach Club where we enjoyed beautiful weather, views of the mountains, a relaxing atmosphere and a good meal at the nearby outdoor restaurant. We were going to take a taxi back to the hotel but ended up walking back and found that it was not that far and the sights along the way with creeping vines of lovely flowers of every color growing up the stuccoed masonry walls & iron gates greeted our eyes as we walked along the shaded sidewalk. It was such a pretty walk, I ended up taking out my camera to remember it by. The following day we took a tour to Grenada to see the Alahambra and day after took a tour to see the spectacular city of Rhonda high up in the mountains and built on it’s cliffs! We had a very enjoyable stay at the Marbella Heights and I can’t give enough praise to Carlos for making it a really incredible experience. He attended our every need, calling taxi’s for us, arranging a Flamenco Dance entertainment evening, telling us what sights to see & even packing us a meal for an early morning tour one day. My only regret is that we had so many activities planned we did not give ourselves enough time to really relax in this wonderful establishment which at home we would call a “Bed & Breakfast”. I highly recommend staying at the Marbella Heights! Cindy Furman USA

Reviewed 5 August 2014

As Tina Turner would say, this is "simply the best". Small hotel, very weel taken care of, beutiful, with fabulous decoration, new. It's located in a beautiful mountain with ocean views, but at the same time, in a 5 minute drive, you're in the city. Besides that, the hotel has a very enjoyable balcony, a nice garden and a delicious swimming pool. The owner (Mercedes) and her assistant treated me and my wife like if we were her kids, making everything perfect all the time. They also have very good food if you don't feel like going out. Fantastic wines too. An experience I won't forget. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardo_Pfiszter
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Magical hotel and staff
We are so grateful for having the opportunity to stay here.
Mercedes and Carlos give you the friendliest welcome you can have.
My family stayed here for only two nights. We enjoyed it so much. It is very nice hotel and realxing calm atmosphere.
They really can not do enough for you.
Please try out the white wine from the family.
We will come back here and this is also a perfect place for a romantic holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

From the moment we arrived to the sad moment we had to leave we could not have asked for more from this lovely quiet friendly hotel set high above the hills of Marbella.The great views from the terrace were matched by the friendly & unobtrusive service. We will definitely be going again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple