“Second time and will be returning”

Carihuela Park Palace
Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Back here again, booked privately with friends. Great bar, lovely gardens and same people every year as its predominately time share. Carihuela is the best place in Spain in my opinion, we could walk one way to Torremolinos and the other to Benalmadena. Weather really hot at this time even at night. Were going back again next year.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Booked this hotel last minute through Travel Republic and on arrival the hotel had our check-in date as the following day! Hotel were very helpful and when I contacted Travel Republic and they sorted it out quickly so we were able to get to our room within an hour. We stayed in the main block of the complex (there were many smaller blocks around the complex), which is rather in need of refurbishment but the room was spacious and clean and fit for purpose for our holiday. I travelled with my 3 year old son, my friend and her 7 and 11 year old sons and this complex was great for us all. The large pool was well situated in the gardens so we could sunbathe while keeping an eye on our children and the smaller baby pool was a little way across the garden, but again easy to view. There was a small park area (couple of swings, see-saw, climbing frame) set in the gardens and the rest of the gardens were beautifully maintained with a gardener working on them constantly. There is also a bar which serves food and drinks throughout the day and night. The pool gets busy and surprisingly for a hotel complex they charge for sunbed use (2 euros per bed), but in a way that was better because you didn't have the usual 6am fight to get towels down before all the sunbeds go! The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful at all times too, we never felt scared of asking for something and they would always help if they could.

Everything is close to the complex, it has a long beach with various different sections and also has an activity climbing frame plus small entertainment area for the kids (bouncy castle, static rides etc, which were chargeable) and this became our place to go after dinner so the kids could play for a bit and we could relax in the bar opposite. There are many reasonably priced bars and restaurants and lots of gift shops too.

The area wasn't predominently British which I'm sure you'd find in the main town of Torremolinos (this hotel is in Carihuela, just outside Torremolinos), it was mainly Spanish and Dutch with a few Brit families so it wasn't all Brits abroad which was what I was expecting (and dreading!)

We will be looking at staying at this hotel again because of the location and having everything so close by but I think we would look to stay in one of the smaller apartment blocks instead of the main one as they were privately owned and appeared to be better kitted out (when talking to other families who were staying in them) and better maintained..

I would recommend this hotel if you want something a little cheaper but good for amenities and for the kids..

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms didn't offer much privacy so aim for mid floor, we were on 4th which was...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne F
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have now been to carihuela park appartments twice and again i would go back. i went with family so there was mum and dad (37+) me and a friend (19-20) and sis shes 7.
All different ages but there was something to do for all of us. the complex is excellent, the top pool wich we were at was busy but very calm and everyone is very friendly, most people that stay there now have bought there appartments so most people know each other from previous years. There is also a baby pool just round the cornor for the little ones also a small play park. Also there is tennis court and ping pong tables (great to watch the spanish play, if there there as some of them are amazing!).Right outside the complex is an internet shop where you can make all your phonecalls at great price! Localy about 2mins walk is the beach the beach front and all local pubs shops loads of there great choice. And for the young adults there is all the clubs and pubs a 10 min walk down the road, quite a few there to so again good choice. there is also an ice bar which was excellent. All in all a great holiday for everyone!

Room Tip: The top pool seemed to be the best and the appartments around it was where we stayed.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sgx77
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We booked our stay with the owners, as adviced by other travellers, and I must say we loved staying there. I'm under the impression that lots of people live there all year round, for our neighbors talked to each other as if they were all old friends.
The complex is near the beach, there are two swimming pools, one of them not so easy to find so probably less crowded in the summer!, beautiful loans and lots of sun. We didn't use the tennis court, so I can not advice you on that. The restaurant by the main pool has English breakfast, but it was already hot for us (25'C) so we didn't taste it. By the beach there are lots of fish restaurants, and also at Calle del Carmen, I advice you to eat there if you don't want to cook, we had no bad surprises during our stay.
About our apartment, it was small but comfy. We had a double bed (Spanish size), bathroom and fully furnished kitchenette with a cooker that seemed to be brand-new. There was also an oven, a washing-machine, a kettle and a TV. We enjoyed a lot the terrasse, when we came back to our room tired after visiting Malaga or Aqualand, and we had dinner there, those were great peaceful moments that totally made up from our desastrous vacation in April.
Our apartment faced the main gardens and the pool, it was surprisingly cool, we didn't need to turn on the AC.
 The owner of our appartment is a Spanish woman, Mrs Martínez and we found it through another website. They have a site where you can see a lot of  of the complex (no extra information, however) http://carihuela.infos.st
Also, good to know, there is two bus stops by the complex entrance, very useful if you want to go to Malaga or Marbella (this had been explained to us by the owner, however we tried also the Cercanías train, 10 minutes walk from the complex, and I must say she was right, the bus is not only closest, but fastest).
I must say I didn't expect much of Torremolinos as I always heard of it as a place full of people and concret. Carihuela Park is not that at all, we would definetely come back!

• Stayed: June 2011
11  Thank Arale N
Reviewed 22 May 2010

For anyone booking an apartment with a private owner on this site, please do not be influenced by the bad reviews relating to the hotel itself. We have just spent two wonderful weeks in a studio apartment owned by Brian and Terry Toms (0034630234654). It was bright, clean and extremely comfortable and Brian and Terry can easily be contacted in the rare event of any problems. The pools and gardens are well maintained and provide an extremely attractive outlook. Can highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank supergran5983
Reviewed 13 May 2010

we stayed here for 3 weeks had no probs with staff thay were more than helpfull

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank moyraAlloa
Reviewed 12 October 2009

On Saturday 3rd October 2009 we turned up at carihuela park palace, to be told there was no flat available. We have a contract certificate till OCT 2010 for flat No 708 which the Spanish Management refused to honour, we were offered unsuitable alternative flats or studios some where else. My wife had her 85 years old mother with use and we all had been on the go since 4 a m and this was now 1.00pm. I informed the receptionist that we had been coming here for the last 10 year, she was not interested. I then asked why we were not notified , she said they tried to phone a few times , I asked why they had not notified us by post to which she replyed , we do not do that. I find this incredable
that a business takes this attitude towards loyal customers and lets them travel from all over europe to be told you do not have accommodation in carihuela park palace.
I still like the place but spanish business ethics sucks, And the sooner they get rid of the present incumbent who is in charge the better for the reputation of the Carihuela Park Palace. MR IAN THOMSON -from GLASGOW.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family