“good food but strange opening hours”
Review of The Merry Friar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Merry Friar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place seems to have a new owner. The food is still good but I can't really understand why they only open at 5. They have a sign outside saying "sorry, opening at 5. It's too hot!". It is the Costa del Sol and July / August are the busiest months here so not to open earlier isn't very clever. What's even funnier is that when they open at 5, they put out their signs with their breakfast menu. Not sure there will be many people really wanting a full English from 5 pm.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had haddock and chips for €5.80 this was cheaper than we pay in the UK! - lovely British chip shop chips! And a very large and nice piece of battered haddock with no skin or bones, all very tasty and plenty of it!

Mrs had the home made pie and chips and was very impressed!

Kids had the nuggets and chips which were real chunks of battered chicken and not chewy or poor meat!

The manager was great and made us all very welcome and kept us very happy.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

It was down an alley and very easy to miss, it didnt look anything special but we went here because we saw on trip advisor that it was recommended and had good reviews but we were disappointed. I had the fish and chips and it was nothing to write home about, the meal was average and we just had a view of a brick wall, wish we'd gone somewhere else, I'm sure other people have had good experiences but I wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Sorry but this wasnt too great. I wont slag places off as they have to earn a living but just not my cup of tea.Other people obviously like it as its quite high up on here.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Been going here for some time.In the past i have always had fresh north sea cod, chips and peas on a massive oblong plate, the fish used to hang over still.On my latest visit the cod was half the size and extra chips were there to mask this con, won't be back, suggest you don't unless you prefer small portions.