“THE BEST IN TOWN”

Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Sheffield
“THE BEST IN TOWN”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Don Paquito Hotel for seven days in September and enjoyed every aspect of our stay, the cleanliness in and around the hotel is to a very good standard, the staff, always with a smile, simply couldn't do enough for us, the food was exceptional with a very good variety each day.

I requested a room on the fifth floor overlooking the pool (as advised by another reviewer) with a part sea view and my request was fulfilled. The drinks prices are very competitive 2.1 Euros for a large wine, and about the same for a large beer. We can't remember when we last went away and were sad to come home.

This review is a little late as I waited until my booking was confirmed for ten days in May 2014.
Go for it its the best in town.

Room Tip: Best room top floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hadfeld
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Paquito, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive and complimentary review about your stay at our hotel Don Paquito.

It is gratifying to know that you have received a very kind and attentive dealing on the part of the whole personnel, fact that I will make known of the whole team.

Once again I am grateful you have shared your experience and we hope see you again the next vacation.

Marketing Dptm.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dundee
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I had booked with Jet2 in July after reading all the wonderful reviews at Don Paquito, 5 days before we were due to go I received an email from Jet2 advising me that there was an overbooking at the hotel and we were to be moved to a 5star hotel in Benalnadena, I was furious, if I wanted to go to Benalnadena I would have booked there. I phoned Jet2 extremely upset and angry and refused their offer, they phoned me at 5 that night to say that they decided to honour my booking with Don Paquito, obviously they must have been able to convince another couple to move, but i was stressed out right up until i received the keys to our room! While we were there at least 2 couples that we witnessed were told at checking in that the hotel was overbooked, and that they could be moved to Benalmadena!! Couldn't find out who was to blame Jet2 or the hotel, in all the years we have went on holiday this is the first time this has happened. The hotel is lovely and quite, clean, good food and would go back but it is changing ownership in November, so will be reading the reviews. We had a lovely time but it was spoilt by all the upset it caused me and my husband.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank citybreakers40
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Paquito, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I am sorry to hear you found your stay stressful. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

I look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 3 years this would have been my 4th visit but 2weeks before I was due to go on holiday my travel company got in touch with me to say that the Don Paquito had overbooked so I would have to go somewhere else. They did find me another hotel to go to but that was in Benalmadena a different resort plus the hotel was about 10minutes walk from any nightlife.I refused the offer, I found another hotel in Torrimolinos instead, which turned out to be awfull, please see my report on this hotel
I have always given good reports about this hotel on Trip Advisor, but last year my report was not so good because I thought there had been some cutbacks, and it showed, but because of the previous years that I had stayed at this hotel had been very good I decided to give it another try, and this is what I got. My question is, why was I the one that got told to go to a different hotel....was it because of the report I wrote on Trip Advisor ?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BillyD22147
I am sorry to hear you did not find your stay enjoyable and that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We apologize and hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best. Thank you.

The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel Don Paquito is a no frills hotel and has a good price/quality level. The rooms in this relatively small hotel are standard but clean, there is a small pool, the food at the buffet is tasty, personnel very friendly and the beach is near the hotel. However the hotel accomodates a lot of elderly (from the UK) who are visiting this hotel every year. A lot of people know each other and know the personnel of the hotel. This creates a very friendly atmosphere but is sometimes a bit too much.
The hotel is situated near the boulevard in the older part of Torremolinos. The Railway station and the main center are situated uphill. This could be a problem for older people or people with a bad condition. However a taxi ride will cost you € 7,-, to every destination in Torremolinos (there are fixed prices for a taxi drive in Torremolinos).
Hotel Don Paquito is a basic hotel and has nothing more to offer than good basic and clean rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aquarius74
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Paquito, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel Don Paquito on Tripadvisor.

We are always looking for ways to improve our product and our services; open and honest reviews from our guests is our best way to address areas which need improvement.

We say goodbye to you, reiterating our commitment to continue improving to provide a better service and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to upcoming holidays.

Lanchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

if you are going to torremolinos stay at this hotel it only has 66 rooms 35 tables in the dinning room, there is no pushing or shoving or queing for food .youget more of the personel touch, the food is excellent the breakfast is second to none and wait for it yes there is even fried bread.
a good locaction and the prices in the bar are very good also,a bottle of house rose was only 8.50 euros and very nice to we will stay at this hotel again when we return to torremolinos it has alovely cosy bar and a good seating area outside

Room Tip: second floor upwards
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Paquito, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you very much for posting your opinion on tripadvisor about your holidays in our hotel Don Paquito.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and Torremolinos so much.

On the behalf of myself and the entire staff, thank you for sharing your comments and that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and overall was very pleased with everything, however we found that this time around standards were a little lacking. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis but the floor was never given a thorough cleaning and always felt dusty. The bed was never made up properly and the air conditioning fans was way over due for a good cleaning that is why when turned on they always gave out a very stale odour this was the same with the fridge.
The food was good BUT never hot enough and cool items ie milk for cereals and fruit juice not chilled .
The sunbeds always seemed to be booked from early in the morning ie before 9am although some of the guests it was clear just kept their towels on all day just in case they felt like an odd hour around the pool . . .
I hope that the new management do make some changes to this hotel for the better as there is signs of complacency in standards overall.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank elisaJames
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Paquito, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for the review and I am sorry that you seemed to be a bit disappointed by some aspects of your stay. I can assure you that we take all reviews very seriously and your negative comments are all noted.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Don Paquito hotel and another fabulous experience. As many people have said before me, the staff in this hotel go out of their way to make your stay very special. What other hotel can boast staff who have been there for years and welcome you as if you are part of their family? Everywhere is spotless and it is particularly attractive to couples looking for a quiet stay in a small, but busy establishment in a perfect location. I have heard that the hotel is going to be under new management from November. I only hope that the new owners realise all the reasons why this hotel is such a success and DON'T change anything. No one visits the Don Paquito once! Each time we have visited, there have been people there from previous years. This hotel deserves to do well and we hope when we return for another visit, nothing has changed.

L

Room Tip: Rooms either have pool view with full sun or street view with no sun. It just depends what you refe...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Your satisfaction is our goal, so read comments like yours makes us feel very happy.

Many Thanks for sharing your experience with us and all the Tripadvisor followers.