I stayed here with a friend from July 2nd to 9th, 2012.
Location: Great – opposite a very clean beach el Bajondillo, with many bars/cafes, e.g. food being barbequed, tapas and Burger King. Next to an entertainment centre with pool tables, crazy golf, air hockey, basketball games etc, 15mins walk uphill to the actual town centre with the main shops, restaurants and bars –there is also a lift up to the top which was 50 cents per person
Hotel food and bar: Drinks by pool very expensive as expected. We walked to a supermarket nearby and brought our drinks back in. Breakfast – buffet, food mostly very good, some items do get cold sat there. A chef cooks pancakes, omelettes, fried eggs at the counter. Plenty of non cooked items too, incl donuts, fruit and cereal. Free use of fruit juice and tea/coffee machines. There is definitely something there for everyone.
Hotel Ameneties: Many pools (some we had to ourselves), as you can use the others in the complex, and at least 2 jacuzzis. People did reserve sunbeds early, but small groups should find some somewhere at all times of the day, though finding a sunshade is harder. Always very clean, and some have lifeguards & allow inflatables. Free table tennis, tennis and bowls. Reps do activities, e.g. shooting, water polo and aqua aerobics. Free wifi in lobby, not in bedrooms. Entertainment was good the night we saw, and we couldn’t hear it the other nights from our room so you should sleep well.
Room: Cleaned thoroughly every day, flatscreen TV with BBC1, BBC news and channel 4, asked for a room with a walk in shower as these have been recently renovated… the bathroom was amazing (huge shower, everything new).
Overall I would recommend this place to anyone, it was definitely a 4* hotel across the board, with aspects of 5* thrown in and no nasty surprises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain