This hotel is considerably inferior to every 4-star accommodation I have ever stayed at. The room had beautiful views over the sea and the mountains but was smallish in size. The bathroom was grossly dated and had some piece of disconnected piping sticking out of the wall. There are vintage-looking soap and shampoo wall mounted dispensers which the hotel staff duly forgot to fill. Sometimes we had a stench of blocked sewage coming out of the bathroom and had to keep the balcony door open all the time. The hotel has probably not been refurbished properly for a long while. The buffet style breakfast was more or less adequate, though of more quantity than of quality. They often had entertainment programs running late that prevented us from falling asleep and getting up early for daily trips. The public parking nearby which the hotel seemed to own was overly expensive though not even being a secure underground one. We did not get any discounts there as hotel guests. On the brighter side, the communal areas looked quite well and the hotel’s location is convenient. Still the next time I will be looking for better options than Don Pablo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain