Stayed 5 nights at start of April & what a great time was had by all. 2 adults & 3 kids aged from 11 to 16 and loads for all ages to do.
It's very close to the airport so very easy to get to & is located in a nice quiet area on the front with excellent walk ways for a stroll in the sun in both directions.
Indoor pool for most days but with weather excellent by end of days we were able to go in (& stay in!!) the outdoor ones of which there are plenty.
Loads of space around the site & the quality of food at all meal times has to be seen to be believed. The restaurant runs like a well oiled machine with experienced staff keeping an eye on all areas meaning you are seated & eating quickly.
I had e-mailed the hotel prior to arriving to ask a couple of questions & Jaime was brilliant in both replying and guiding me on room types & which hotel. He also emailed a couple of days before hand to wish us a good flight & comment that weather looked good - really nice touch.
Drinks in the restaurant & bar are reasonably priced and bottle of wine with 4 soft drinks around £20 you could not fault. I honestly believe that you could justify coming for the weekend as it would probably be cheaper than staying at home in a 4 star hotel (Certainly any of the ones near me anyway) even taking into account the cost of the flight!
Booking with the hotel direct and via their rewards scheme was simple, cost effective & they even arranged to pick us up & drop us back at the airport.
Absolutely brilliant all round - Well done Jaime & the staff - best wishes for the holiday season ahead & I hope that we can manage over for another few days later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain