“Great Hotel Beautiful place fantastic Service”
Review of Sol Don Pablo

Sol Don Pablo
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Beautiful place fantastic Service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My friend and I really enjoyed staying at this wonderful beautiful hotel in stunning palm ridden location. The location is great as the beach is just opposite; you just have to cross over a road that isn't busy. There are great restaurants bars called Chiringuitos lining the roads both ends, no blaring music! The food in the hotel's restaurant was out of this world, unfortunately so good I returned half a stone overweight after only 3 nights! I just could not resist going back over and over, it should have a few Michelin stars. High quality tasty food and equally excellent service. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The rooms sparkling clean, the swimming pools are just next to a bar where you can go and sit and have a nice cocktail to cool down. Plenty of palm and banana trees everywhere.
There were complimentary toiletries in the room right down to a miniature sewing kit, complimentary bottled water and fruit! My friend who travelled with me is a Travel Rep who has stayed in 100s of hotels she agrees with me completely about everything I have said here and she too did not fit into her jeans on our way home! I will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DaphneBas
Dear DaphneBas,
I really appreciate you taking time to write us such a lovely review. I am delighted that you liked the area so much and had a chance to sample the wonderful local fish in the chiringuitos. I can only apologise about the half stone. I hope that it dissappears soon enough for you to come back and see us again.
Jaime Floyer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is by far the best Hotel in Torremolinos it ticks all the boxes cannot be faulted , The refurbished pool area has been well done very smart now ,we have stayed here many times and will stay again .

5 Thank Guy B
Dear guy b,
Thanks you very much. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
belfast
Reviewed 23 May 2014

before i start my review if the option was available i would be choosing a 2.5/5 so we checked in for 5days, staying half board and after emailing PR manager louisa confirming bookings and requesting rooms beside each other and an upgrade as we were there for a special occasion, we were giving rooms beside each other and in 1 of the rooms was a bottle of cava and glasses for our whole party as louisa couldn't do an upgrade so definitely want to give her a special mention and a thumbs up! Staff are also friendly.Rooms were spacious and clean tho extremely uncomfortable beds prob worst ive had and bedding was changed after 3days! Not many facilities given in bathroom no shower cap,shampoo or soap for basin (although there was shower gel attached to wall inside shower). The room cards are very temperamental after about 20th attempt it may work for you but be prepared for an aggravating wait! pool area very clean. The food was most definitely not 4* def a 3* and have prob had better food in a 3* breakfast was half decent the do make over cooked omelettes to order. Dinner was dreadful i cant believe they would serve that food in a 4* everything overcooked and chewing not a good selection at all unless you like bony fish, the paella was only thing half decent you could eat and one night they did do a full salmon which was nice. location is fab right on beach and about 15minute walk into town. Visited el gato lounge after reading reviews on tripadvisor and would def recommend if you are ok to wait on slow service!Visited the doctor in hotel and after taking my heath card and giving a consultation and prescribed medication he pushed a bill of 80euro to me and told to pay him or leave at reception. This is very misleading and being a private doctor which he is not advertised as, you have a slim chance of claiming it back on travel insurance which he will tell you, you can and legally he has to tell you upfront he is private and how much the consultation will be! i do fell hotel are at fault to as when asking reception about doctor bill they say we have absolutely nothing to do with him so be very aware of this! I would def not be recommending this hotel and will not be returning!

Room Tip: odd numbers sun in afternoon
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sophie r
Dear sophie r,
Thanks for choosing the Sol Don Pablo and for making time to write up your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that despite the positive comments you make about your special treatment upon arrival, the friendliness of the staff and the favourable location of the hotel, you were not happy in general with your stay.
I am sorry if the restaurant was not to your liking. By and large we have positive feedback regarding the meals but we will certainly continue to try and improve. Your comment regarding the quality of the fish has been noted.
I apologise also about any confusion regarding the doctor. In Spain I don't believe that National Health doctors offer services in hotels. This service could well be available in other countries but that possibility had not occurred to us. We will be aware of this in future.
Thank you again for your time.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is our second year to stay at the Sol Don Pablo - we were there about four weeks ago for nine days. We really enjoyed ourselves, the service and food was good. Next time we will stay at the Sol Don Pedro which is part of the same group {Melia) and is located next door and next to the Sol Don Marco. Torremolinos has improved over the past few years with very nice beaches and the area is well looked after by the local council. There is always something to do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 1st.Floor with sunny aspect. Most rooms have a side sea view.
2 Thank James2012201222
Dear James2012201222,
We very much appreciate you repeated custom and thank you for taking time to let everyone know your opinion both of the Sol Don Hotels complex and of Torremolinos in general.
Although times have been hard for the past few years both ourselves and the local council have continued to invest to ensure that we have a premier destination. I am delighted to see that all our efforts have borne fruit. I believe that Torremolinos has become a really nice destination for couples and families. There is lots to do but it is never rowdy.
Thanks again for your review. Come again soon!
Jaiem Floyer.
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just back from a quick break for our 20th anniversary at this hotel, which we thought was excellent. Location is very central, beside the beach. The pool area is well laid out with plenty of sun loungers. Breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choices to suit everyone. We were very impressed with the complimentary champage to help us celebrate, we will definetly be back.

1 Thank HataDearg
Dear HataDearg,
Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your big anniversary. I am so glad that it was a success and I really look forward to welcoming you back. Don't feel that you need an excuse though!
Thanks again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have just returned from a week in the Don Pablo, and I am sorry to say that although the hotel is beautiful, surroundings and pools are excellent, the food lets it down. I cannot believe that a 4 star hotel would serve such awful food. It was pork almost every night, and even that was dreadful. The same soups and desserts every night too. It was like school dinners!! Also the food was cold, although I was told that there is a microwave in the dining room. I think that not enough people complain and these hotels are getting away with it. We spoke to several other guests who felt the same way, as well as the company we met while there. It is a lovely hotel but could do with some tidying up in the rooms. Our room had cracked tiles on the bathroom floor, and the sealing around the bath was cracked. I regret to say that we will not be returning to the Don Pablo.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have either a side or front sea view.
1 Thank Isobel M
Dear Isobel M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in Torremolinos. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and its grounds. All your comments are gratefully received and we will use them as a guide in our task of continuous improvement.
I am sorry that you were not impressed with the menu. It is true that we often have pork on the menu but there are always two fish and two meat done on the grill, as well as a different meat on the carvery. This is in addition to the prepared stews, rice dishes and italian options. We will certainly look to see how we can make this more appealing. Regarding the hot food, I hope that we have solved this temporary problem with a repair to the elements of the prepared food area.
I thank you again for your review.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second year at the don Pablo and as usual the hotel was great. The service was good and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, the pools and decks perfectly set for sun and relaxation. We booked two weeks, prepared to love every minute of it. Then came the power stone saws. Have you ever heard one if those babies? They rip your ears off! Nearly every surface around the hotel is a hard surface so sound bounces and amplifies. For damn near the whole two weeks! Life in a noisy construction site. Outrageous noise...migraine noise. An apology posted in the bloody elevator was not sufficient! This is how you destroy future bookings at your hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barry C
Dear Barry C,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again at the Sol Don Pablo.
I am very sorry to see your comments about the stone saws although a little confused as I see from your review that you were with us in May and I am not aware that we had any significant repairs or upkeep during that time. In the winter months we renovated the swimming pools but that was finished before Easter. Subsequent to that there were a few details to be finished but they were relatively minor and not close to the hotel buildings.
As I say, I am really sorry for any upset that we could have caused and ask that you contact me directly so that I can try and sort the problem out.