Sol Don Pablo by Melia
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$220
US$181
Melia.com
US$113
  • Beachfront
Hotel La Luna Blanca(Torremolinos)
US$93
US$109
US$99
  • Restaurant
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Arcos de Montemar(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$98
Bajondillo Apartments(Torremolinos)
US$105
US$97
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$122
US$108
Priceline
2,664 results
All reviewssunny sidebowling greenplenty of sunbedswalk in showerhalf boardacross the roadplenty of choicereception staffdon marcobuilding workdining roomhotel complexside sea viewevening entertainmentindoor poolentertainment areaexcellent hotel
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for ten days half board with elderly mum and 3 yr old girl.
Asked in advance for nearby rooms or connecting rooms and were really pleased when we got two lovely rooms with interconnecting doors on the 9th floor.
Pros:

Very clean - totally immaculate throughout hotel.

Food - restaurant is a buffet for all meals. A great selection of fresh food to cater for all tastes. Loved profiteroles for dessert and endless fish, paella, pasta and meat.
They claim to have a long trouser policy for men at night in restaurant but they do not enforce it.

Pools - incredible 6+ pools to choose from as you have access to the sister hotels next door. Used the spa once for a massage which was nice. Gym also good.

Location - perfect. Right on sea front and in a lovely spot. Nice walk to La Caruhela round the coast.

Cons:

Not many!

Reception could have been better but our experience wasn't anything like some of the reviews I've read. Would have been nice to have had more than a quick "bye" when we left. Perhaps to have asked us if we'd enjoyed ourselves?

Entertainment - amazing but incredibly loud until late into evening even up on 9th floor we could hear it so clearly. Would benefit from better sound proofing from balcony.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DronfieldMassive
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pablo by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear DronfieldMassive,
Thank you for choosing the Don Pablo for your holiday. We very much appreciate your review and thank you for your balanced comments.
Your comments regarding both the enterainment and the reception are gratefully received and we will work on both issues. This winter we anticipate replacing a significant number of the balcony windows and doors so that should help a great deal as the newest technologies in double glazing are very efficient.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome your three generations back again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks after seeing the great reviews on here, must say I was a little disappointed due to the unfriendliness and sometimes basic lack of manners of the waiters and reception staff.

The hotel, location and facilities are excellent with the food being good although a little repetitive. The hotel is just let down by the miserable people who work here. The waiters are the worst, the first nights meal I thought I was just unlucky but this continued for the whole 2 weeks. They are simply not interested in any interaction or even smiles. I don't know if I have just been spoilt with my last few holidays being in Egypt and Florida where the staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and enjoy the place but here was the polar opposite.

The entertainment team were better but they don't exactly go out of their way to get to know you either. They seem to just play games with the same people every day and don't have a walk round the pool just to say hello or anything like that.

On the whole I had a good holiday due to the people I met but I probably wouldn't come back here unless the staff improved dramatically.

Room Tip: Our room was facing away from pool but still a decent view, lifts are good so wouldn't mind where I stayed if I ever returned.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hayley M

Dear Hayley M,
We very much appreciate you taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you liked the hotel and location but take your comments about the staff not being sufficiently engaging. It is true that one does not encounter the kind of "come forward" service that is typical of the US in Spain but at the same time you should feel welcomed. I am sorry that this weas not the case. We take this comment seriously and will look at ways to improve this for the future.
Many thanks again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very beautiful. If you stay you must go to the 9th floor and look at the spectacular view. The hotel has a huge restaurant with loads of different foods. The best thing about the three hotels is that you can use any of the facilities in the three hotels. The animation team are amazing. Carlos, Danny, Jonny, Miguel, Fibi,Uxia,Leyra, Maria, Sandra, Tavo, Curro and the lifeguards Jose, Jemma, Ismile and Philipe. Can't wait to return next year. The animation team have great activities on for adults everyday and they are very enjoyable. Outstanding people and they are all amazing at their jobs. 10/10 for the people alone.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Emma_Richardson1,
Thank you for your glowing report. I am really happy that you enjoyed the holiday so much.
I will be sure that all the staff are passed your comments. They work very hard and it is always so gratifying to have one's labours recognised. Thank you on all their behalves.
We really look forward to welcoming you back next year (or sooner!).

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have just returned home after a week long holiday at the Sol Don Pablo hotel. It was the first holiday my husband and I had taken with our 13 month old daughter. We found the hotel to be excellent and it made our first holiday very relaxing and enjoyable. We were allocated a room on the quieter side of the hotel on the 5th floor which suited us well. We found the food in the restaurant varied and always found something enjoyable for us and her and although the hotel was busy there were plenty of tables in the restaurant and loungers around the pool.The only slight downsides to this hotel were having to wait for the lifts as the restaurant was on the lower ground floor and during mealtimes there could be a queue to go up and down, also we brought travelers cheques to change into currency and were told that the hotel would not change them for us but a bank in the town centre would. Unfortunately the bank would not change them either but we did eventually find an exchange kiosk in Torremolinos centre that changed them for us with a 5% commission charge. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking travelers cheques to this resort but other than that this is definitely somewhere we would return to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mollie27,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your first holiday away with the baby. I am so glad that it all worked so well for you and that we were able to contribute to a relaxing time for you both.
I take on board your comment about the lifts and wish to let you know that we have a project to replace the four main lifts this winter. Not only will the capacity be increased but also the speed of the cabins and the efficiency of the programming. We have been told to expect a 90% increase in efficiency after the renovation.
I am sorry about the traveller's cheque problem. The truth is that their use in Spain has been declining for some years and we are no longer able to send them to the bank. The most common method of accessing cash these days seems simply to use a debit card in a cash machine. There are also companies in the UK who offer pre-charged payment cards.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We hope that we can welcome you back in teh future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We keep coming back as this is such a lovely hotel. We visited in June and asked for a 2nd floor room to see the entertainment and were granted our request with a super room with a walk in shower and a great view of the shows. Obviously this is not always possible in high season, but they do try hard to please their guests. This Hotel group is active in upgrading itself and has recently refurbished the kitchens, the pools and their fire security doors. Being 3 hotels it is wonderful to be able to visit different pools, bars and restaurants. We enjoy the food and find there is plenty of choice and in our experience, hot plates are always available. Also I have observed the standard of food hygiene is very good and the cleanliness is immaculate throughout the hotel. Air conditioning very good as beginning of June was unusually hot. Beautiful grounds and nice snack bar and across the road from the beach. For further praise please read my previous reviews.

Room Tip: Lower rooms have walk in showers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vesta53

Dear vesta53,
It is always a source of great pride to hear from regular guests who continue to be pleased with our service and facilites. Please do keep coming back and letting us know how we are doing - we promise not to rest on out laurels.
Thanks for the review and thanks for your loyalty.