“great hotel!!!”

Puerto Del Carmen, Spain
“great hotel!!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

really good hotel !!!!
we spent 2 weeks at this hotel good location next to the beach and a lot of restaurants,room were nice and clean everyday and large variety of choice for breakfast and dinner
will definetly go back

Room Tip: ask for sea view
Dear joseph c,
I am so glad that you chose the Sol Don Pablo for your holidays and that you enjoyed the hotel so much. Do please come again soon.
Many thanks for your review.
Jaime Floyer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Polish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was going to do my usual in detail review but in truth others have done it before me. We went out for five days and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Breakfast choice is there to suit every taste; there is even enough for the inevitable greedy ones whose sole mission seems to be "how much can I get on the biggest plate I can find", and still leaves ample for the rest of us? Champagne is also available, and I hadn't realised how many people have it for breakfast.
There always seems to be something going on and it is all done in a slick and professional manner. Obviously there is a good management team here. I would quite gladly have given the Don Pablo a five star but for the one thing which regrettably never seems to go away and is not I suppose the hotels fault. I am by nature an early riser and like to sit on the apartment balcony with a cup of tea and read, and the habit of "some" laying towels out early and going back to bed persists. Sad really as it seems that there was always adequate sunbeds regardless of when you went out. Final thing, saw so many people taking taxis to airport both coming and going, do yourself a favour, catch the train. Clean, punctual, convenient, and cheap as chips.

Room Tip: we had 104 a side sea view room. had an excellent view of the floor shows in the evening although ob...
1 Thank jksiv
Dear jksiv,
Thank you so much for your review. I would love to have seen your complete review but am very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much. I sincerely hope that we see you again in the future.
You are right about the sunbeds; it is an irritation and something of a lack of respect for other guests. But as you say, we have a lot of beds available so rather than removing towels and entering into the issue of guests attempting to prove that a confiscated hotel pool towel belongs to them (an unpleasant situation), we confine our action to posting information asking guests not to reserve sunbeds.
Thanks for your review.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The set up between the 3 hotels is god for families different pools have different depths which helps when you have non or weak swimmers as children. We went half board and breakfast was really good value, cooked breakfast, cereals, salad, cheeses, hams, cakes, fresh pancakes and fruit infact you could want for nothing. Evening meal a lot of choice but it is mass produced and lacks that little bit of quality and taste, however don't let that put you off as it has lots of options. I was a little perplexed there was not free drinks available with the evening meal as there was for breakfast. Rooms were well kept and comfortably slept the 3 of us (child of 7). The hotel is quite quiet and provides little entertainment for adults during the day not even music around the pools, wifi is not free which is poor considering most bars offered it for nothing on the stretch of torremolinos. I would go back to this hotel chain but not this particular hotels

Dear mattypayne1,
Thank you very much for your review and for choosing the Sol Don Pablo for your holiday. I appreciate all your comments and will make use of them to continue improving the service that we offer.
I will take advantage of your comment to explain to readers that we have fruit juice and coffee/tea available in the breakfast service but that in lunch and dinner services we do not include drinks in the half-board price. I know that there are hotels that include drinks in half-board but the price tends to reflect this. As some guests want beer and wine with their meals and others only water or nothing at all, we feel that our system is fairer.
We do offer a full daytime and evening entertaiment programme in the complex. During the daytime we offer excercise classes, dance classes, spinning, water activities and more. As we have 9 pools with their surrounding sun terraces we focus the activities in a limited area allowing those guests who do not wish to participate to relax unmolested. I am sure that readers of TA will see very positive comments about the entertainment team on these pages.
I appreciate your comment regarding WiFi. We continue to evaluate this issue. At present there is a free WiFi service in the bar areas of the three hotels whilst the premium service which gives higher speeds and access in all areas including the rooms is chargeable.
Thank you again for your review and for raising the points that you mention.
I hope that you enjoy future stays in hotels from the Sol chain.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family and myself are just back after an amazing week in Sol Don Pablo. Rooms were spotless, the food is delicious, staff are friendly and good location as you're close to the beach, the shops and so many attractions. My only negative point about the stay was the WI FI as you had to go to the lobby to get it. I think they should have WI - FI in every part of the hotel. This hotel is a perfect stay for a family holiday. Can't wait to go back in the future!

1 Thank Cathy O
Dear Cathy O,
Thank you for your very positive review and for choosing the Sol Don Pablo.
As I have just mentioned in a previous response, we are evaluating the WiFi situation but will continue offering the free WiFi in the lobby for the time being.
Please come again soon.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Don Pablo with my wife,4yr old daughter and in-laws who are both in their 70's. Great time had by all... The Don Pablo would be hard to fault. A spotlessly clean hotel with great food, staff, entertainment and location. We stayed in room 602 which had a fantastic sea view. Will definitely be back....

Dear Maqtthew M,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that the whole family enjoyed the Sol Don Hotels complex so much and really appreciate your comments regarding cleanliness and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
wales
Reviewed 19 August 2014

What can i say about this wonderful 4 star hotel , I haven't been here for 7 years , it was interesting to see many of the staff still working there , the staff were helpful, friendly, hardworking.
Our room was cleaned by the maid everyday, except the day I was ill in bed .

Room - Clean and spacious, loved the walk in shower !
Entertainment - fabulous shows !
Weather - Very Hot !
Location - right on the beach !
Sun Loungers - It wasn't a scrum to get your towels down every day , however I agree with some of the previous comments, some people were putting their towels down then coming back to the hotel after 4pm.
Food - excellent choice of food, I am certainly a very fussy eater, but i always found something I liked . Loved the desserts LOL
Indoor jacuzzi - was cold on one day !

Sunday 17th August - disappointing to see children walking around the restaurant in their swimwear, I don't think this is appropriate especially when men are expected to wear long trousers in the evenings. I personally feel guests showed be refused entry if they are not wearing appropriate clothing.

I will be returning next year as I didn't realise how much i missed Torremolinos and the Don Pablo, See you next year !

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Found this a very nice hotel. Rooms were very good - spacious, modern, well air conditioned and quiet. There were lots of pools between the three complexes. Found it quite annoying that some adults insisted on using the adult pools when they were with children. Really enjoyed the morning and afternoon volleyball, polo and games, the staff facilitating these sessions were excellent. Found the food very repetitive and wasn't really to my liking - think this may just have been personal taste. Was a little disappointed in the evening entertainment. Found it very amateur and a tad cringe worthy. Disappointed that wifi was not free and that when purchasing it had to be used in one go. Hotel situated directly opposite the beach and very close to shops. Airport a 20 euro taxi ride away. Was surprised that there were very few English speaking guests in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Grainne C,
Thank you for choosing the Sol Don Pablo and for taking time to write in your reviews. I appreciate all your comments and think they will be useful to us in helping to keep adapting our product to the tastes of our guests.
I hope that we might see you again in the future.
Jaime Floyer