Went on a short break of three nights with my older daughter. Went with Ryanair so had a very cheep flight and this hotel came up as having a good location which was true. We asked for a sea view which we got, and the room was clean and spacious. The safe was cheep and the wifi was free which was a nice touch. The beach was ok although the sea had really high waves which meant you could not go for a swim. The sea shore was also very stoney which was a shame.
The hotel food was ok, nothing special but ok. Would hate to eat the same thing for more than a few days as there seemed very little variation. It was also difficult to get in a lift between 8 - 9 am as they were always full (essential when you are on the 9th floor).
No young people staying here, it was full of Germans over 60 who seemed to have a go at everyone, they were so RUDE. I had never seen so many older people congregated in one place.
The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. Overall it was a good place for a few days, plenty of sunbeds, sunshine and a lot cheeper than other parts of Spain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Melia, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain