We were staying in the Costa Del Sol during the volcanic eruption and Easyjet sent us to the Melia Hotel whilst we waited for the flights to resume.
We are a party of 2 adults and 2 children so we were allocated one of their suites. The suite was very spacious and clean, with comfortable beds, plenty of storage and 2 flat screen TV's to watch the updates on the news channels!
We had a huge balcony with sunlounger and chairs with a beautiful outlook over the beach opposite the hotel.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to talk to our children.
We really enjoyed the food selection at meal times and found the service in the restaurant was also very good.
The pool was clean and we never struggled for seating around the pool area.
We thought the location of the hotel was excellent, right on the beach but also close to the centre.
The only downside for us was that there was very little to do in the hotel during the evening. The evening entertainment was very low key and included a gentleman playing a keyboard. This may be perfect for some holidaymakers, but as a young family we enjoy watching live singers etc. However, the hotel had a very nice atmosphere and if you wanted something more lively there are plenty of places in the local area. We went to a little bar just around the corner, called Teresa's Bar. They were brilliant with our children, bringing them colouring books and toys/games to play with and making them special non alcoholic fruit cocktails.
All in all, a lovely hotel in a lovely area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Hotels International present Melia Costa del Sol located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms capacity up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain