Melia Costa del Sol was a fantastic hotel! It was incredibly clean, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were cleaned daily, and towels replaced. Wifi was free. The hotel is located directly across from the beach, and the views each room has are amazing. The strip that the hotel is on is wonderful, and has restaurants, mini-putt, pharmacies, and souvenir stores. Although the staff mostly only spoke Spanish, they worked hard to understand requests made in English. I had the hot breakfast and dinner included in the cost of my hotel stay, and although most of the food was good, sometimes they added too much salt. Nonetheless, it was nothing to make me decide that I wasn’t a fan of the hotel.
The hotel has a small pool (which they clean meticulously), which I thought was going to be an issue, since I enjoy the pool more than the beach, however Torremolinos is such a wonderful city that I only spent about 30 minutes by the pool during the 7 day vacation. On the beach, lounge chairs are privately owned and cost 9 euros per umbrella (which has 2 chairs underneath) per day. Not a bad deal, assuming that most people spend a few hours on the beach whenever they go. I would suggest that people staying at the Melia take a short walk west on the board walk and spend a day at Playa Miguel, which is a great beach club. They have beds on the beach that are 35 euros, but the experience makes up for the steep cost!
The biggest problem that I encountered at this hotel was the number of elderly people who seemed to think they owned the place. A word of advice: don’t let them cut into the buffet line or you’ll never get your food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Melia, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain