I travel extensively through work all over Europe.
I have to say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in for a long time.
The rooms are excellent. Housekeeping first class.
Staff helpful, pleasent and smiling.
Restaurant absolutely superb. Food was of the highest quality during our stay. Large choice of starters, soup, paella, pasta, cooked meats, fruit and desserts. Chef on-hand to fresly cook your choice of meat on the grill and at Breakfast he will cook your eggs to choice. Table staff were experienced gentlemen. Good bottle of wine for €9.50.
My tip would be to book half board.
There was live entertainment each evening in the bar area. This was usually one person with a guitar or piano, but was most welcome.
Lady behind the bar worked very hard, mixing cocktails for the customers. Typical cocktail was €7.
The hotel was not very busy during our February stay.
Right on the sea front and the promenade. Excellent beach-side bars/restaurants opposite.
Hotel right next to the steps and the path up to the shopping and town centre area.
Just two small negitive points - there was no tea or coffee making facility in the room - there were lots of channels on the TV, but only BBC World News in English.
Overall, we had a great stay and we will return.
Pay that little bit extra to stay here, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain