After booking an almost all inclusive package to Spain with Transat Holidays I didnt really know what to expect. I picked the Melia due to proximity to the beach and location in regards to shopping and restaurants and after reading alot of reviews once I had booked I thought i'd made a mistake.
Although I dont usually enjoy staying in high rise hotels, the Melia was different since all of it's rooms were ocean view and with really nice sized balconies.
The hotel was clean and the common areas were quite upscale but still very welcoming. The staff were very friendly, and since you were able to usually have the same ones for breakfast and dinner you got to develop a good rapport with them.
The room was nice, nothing spectacular but it had everything we needed. The beds seemed large for twin which was nice and the bathroom was modern and up to date.
The hotel had a lovely lounge where most retired after dinner to have drinks and speciality coffees and watch the ballroom dancers perform. I brought my mom on this trip so we didnt go with a party mentality (which is a good thing because I was the youngest guest by about 30yrs) It seems that the hotel was used by upscale motorcoach tours that would come and go daily.
The beach was amazing, great for walking and sunbathing. I'm a strong swimmer but the undertoe when we went was quite strong so we waded in the shallows and worked on our tans.
The location of the hotel was much more ideal than I had originally thought. Directly next to the hotel is the lift or staircase that will take you up to the town of Torremolinos. It has great shopping, tapas bars, delicatessens and is just great for wandering.
We did 3 day trips which we booked through viator.com and they were fantastic. We did a Gibralter day trip, a Sevilla day trip and a trip to Tangier. I highly recommend maximizing your time and doing a few of them. Had we had more time we would have went into Malaga, or maybe Grenada? Tons to see and do in the area.
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, but if you're looking for a party please look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Hotels International present Melia Costa del Sol located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms capacity up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain