I stayed at the Melia Costa Del Sol from the 16th- 21st July as part of a group of 6 girls as a celebratory end of A levels group holiday. Unlike the majority of young people our age we stayed half board. As we were one of the youngest groups there we were anticipating the staff to act differently with us however they were extremely friendly and welcoming and ensured that we had 3 rooms close to one another (next door in fact on the 3rd floor, with a sea view)! The variety of food was great. We chose to have breakfast and dinner each day and thoroughly enjoyed the spread of food on offer. The outdoor pool (on top of the car park) had spectacular views over the beach and there is the opportunity to hire out beach towels to use throughout your stay which is very helpful. There are many people complaining on here that the pool is too small for the size of the hotel. I think this is a stupid point to make as if you require greater space, surely you could make use of the endless stretch of beach that is straight opposite the hotel/pool? The facilities in the hotel were amazing and myself and a couple of friends made use of the spa one afternoon. For 21 euros (have to pay 3 euros to purchase a swim hat to wear) we were able to use the salt water pool/Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room for over an hour (due to it being very quiet.) The lady at the desk of the spa was lovely and extremely friendly. I have absolutely no faults with this hotel, the location, facilities, staff and food were incredible and great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain