We visited this hotel in October 2012 with friends and thought it was brilliant. The location is perfect - more or less at the end of the promenade, with the beach directly across the road. We paid a deposit for our towels & took lovely big bath sheets on the beach every day. At the end of the day you hand them back in & either get your deposit back or get a fresh one for the following day - no charge. From the hotel it is a lovely walk along the pedestrian promenade around the headland to the village of Carahuela, where there are plenty more restaurants and bars. We just stayed at Hotel Melia for bed and breakfast. When you get to the restaurant, you wait to be seated, but then you go and help yourself to whatever you like - plenty of choice of hot or cold food, cereals etc. More toasters would help to speed up things as there was always a queue of people waiting to use one of the two. Regarding the bedrooms, we went in a party of two couples and our rooms were next to each other with a shared entrance hall just for us, which was lovely. The rooms are decorated to a high standard and are a reasonable size, but two people can't pass each other between the bottom of the bed and the furniture. It would also be nice if a tea tray was provided - you have to take your own kettle and cups if you want a drink in the room. Bathroom is a good size & has the usual shower over the bath arrangement. Plenty of complimentary toiletries too. The entrance to the hotel is very spacious and gives a great first impression, which is lived up to by the rest of the hotel. We loved our stay here & will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Melia, Odigeo, TravelUp and Southall Travel so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain