We booked one night here to be close to the airport after a week touring Andalusia. We travelled by train and this hotel is reasonably close to the train station although down a steep pathway. When we booked we were offered a free taxi transfer to the airport which worked really well and meant we didn't have to climb back up to the station. There were three of us travelling and we booked a Junior Suite which had a bedroom and a sitting area with a bed setee. This proved to be a mistake as the fold down bed was very uncomfortable and the springs creaked all night. The room was only kitted out with towels for two people even though we booked it for three several months in advance. We had to chase reception to get more towels to have a shower prior to dinner. The rest of the suite was ok with plenty of room, but the TV in the bedroom was only 22 inch not 32 inch as stated on the web site. This tv didn't work anyway as there was no power lead into the TV and the socket was falling out of the wall and presumably still live! The large balcony was nice and we enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine with a glass of wine before dinner although there were only two plastic seats and a small plastic table which we had to supplement with a chair from the room. The bathroom was a good size but the corner with the shower/bath was very dark and could have done with another light. There is no tea/coffee making facilities in the room so bring your kettle. As usual the air con was turned off for the winter so the room was a bit hot and stuffy in the middle of the night in spite of cooling it down by opening the sliding doors prior to going to bed. We had found a couple of good Italian restaurants on Trip advisor prior to our trip but they were closed for the winter as were many of the shops and restaurants. So we tried the buffet in the hotel which cost 23 euro and it was quite good for a buffet. The buffet breakfast was ok but we found all the pastries to be a bit dry. The coffee supplied in the pots is ok but I went for a double expresso from the machine and it was better. The outdoor swimming pool was closed for the winter and the indoor "pool" is minute and is part of the spa and you have to pay to use it. Overall this is an ok hotel in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Melia, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain