I booked 6 nights for June 2014 through the bookings.com. The Room Details on reservation stated" This stylish, air-conditioned room has a terrace with views of the Mediterranean Sea. It includes flat-screen satellite TV, a safe and a modern bathroom". The reality was the "terrace" was a tiny balcony that barely fitted 2 plastic patio chairs, there was a pretty loud continues noise coming from some kind of an engine/water pump?. The" views of the see" were only partial. The room had a bad smell with very old carpet and tired furniture. I couldn't believe that rooms can be this bad in a 4 star hotel. Asked the front desk if they can change the room to one with a better see view. The response was the rooms with double beds (I chose the double bed with SEE VIEW option during the booking) have exactly the same view. Anyway, to cut the story short I end up paying bookings.com for one night since it was a last minute cancellation, wasted half a day and nerves trying to find a new hotel, paid over 2 and half times more for a new hotel (I was only able to find a junior suite available in 5 star hotel). Even though I paid almost triple price for a new hotel I have no regret.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain