We stayed here for 10 nights on our recent holiday and have to say that it was a very positive and pleasant experience. The hotel was modern and comfortable with a large welcoming foyer and rooms that were large and well appointed. The beds were also quite comfortable - although twin rather than double beds available.
indeed I have to say that the whole experience was good .... except that it was all a little impersonal. No one asked us throughout our entire stay how we were getting on, were we enjoying our stay, or whether there was anything that we needed/wanted! Breakfast was served in a large dining room each morning and considering that they were catering for such large numbers, it was an exercise in efficiency! The food was self service , plentiful and fresh - however the noise from the constant movement of chairs was amplified by the low ceiling and marble floors and was sometimes a little loud.
For those of you not familiar with Torremolinos, the beach area is separated from the town by several sets of steep steps and a public lift (nominal charge of 30c each way . The hotel provides another lift service up to the town (for 50c) but closes at 8pm which was very early for those of us who wanted to taste the night life offered by the town.
Last piece of advice - there is a bank of 3 lifts to each floor - ask for a room away from these as in such a large hotel, the lifts are going night and day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain