I have never stayed in an hotel with so many things to offer and so little done to inform you about them and encourage their use. Example: there was no information in our room; and when we requested a booklet, we were assured one would-be sent to our room but none was forthcoming. Two promises to repair the fridge were not kept. There was no overt concierge location: in fact the man who I thought was door attendant and garage assistant turned out to be the concierge! When we found out after a couple of days that there is a kettle service available- see previous comments - but no-one could give us a straight information: the first person we asked told us to contact some one else: that person did not know either who then told us to ring a number the next day but there was no certainty in the reply there either. Information about towels for the pool had to be sought from reception: even though waiting for one person to check in took 10 minutes before we got our answer.
Location and food were excellent. Even though it was a buffet there were significant changes each day in what was offered. Room was comfortable. Friendly reception and staff, especially in the restaurant. No-one advised us that the hotel ran its own lift from the beach to Torremolinos centre: when we found this out it saved many minutes and queues compared to the public one.
The general ambience of the hotel was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Hotels International present Melia Costa del Sol located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms capacity up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain