“Check your change”

Copacabana
Ranked #277 of 688 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United Kingdom
“Check your change”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed in hotel across the road and went across for a beer in the sunshine, during the late afternoon. Despite being quiet, barman managed to forget to give me the 5 euro note, in my change from a 20 euro - could have been an honest mistake, but I felt he was trying it on.
Didn't bother to go there again - many other places with cheaper beer too!

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Chirk, United Kingdom
“Excellent day away from hotel”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I went with family and friends a few times and we all enjoyed our visits. Better value sun beds with more shade than loungers. Excellent tasty seafood restaurant especially sardines ( I was told by the waiter that in Spain we eat them with our fingers). Very friendly service when we ate there and when we just called there for a drink whilst waiting for coach transfer to our hotel. Very clean complex and restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“brilliant night out!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

as most ''british'' people moan about going to spain and having a pop at the food or the people dont speak any english...i visit another country to experience different food and culture...i went to torremolinos last year (going again in a few weeks) and myself, my partner my friend and his partner paid a visit to copacabana and i must say we loved the place, we loved the people who worked there as i see if you make an effort they will make the effort back!!! we all had meals, cocktails and even a bottle of vodka the service was brilliant the waiter who served us was brilliant even gave him a big tip but to sit on the beach on a bed having a drink, having a lovely time it was electrifying i would definately be going back and would recommend it to anybody visiting torremolinos!!!

• Visited September 2011
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

was the most lovley place to eat on the beach on four poster beds

Visited June 2012
Edinburgh
“Standard Spanglish Venue”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

So its like all the other venues....in playamar dont waste your time walking up and down trying to find "a better place" they are all much and such the same. So much so, if you check out the furniture, it strikes me they are probably all mostly owned by a few people.

The food is good in so far as its possible...menus should not be as big as the ones on display in any of these places but its done well. I always try to stick to the more in Spanish end of the scale - tapas type or sardines etc - they are just done better.

I understand the pandering to us brits in these places but its just not done well - so stick to stuff the Spanish do really well and stay away from the stuff they shouldnt be doing! By the way Sandwich Mixto is acceptable!

• Visited July 2012