Ok lets start with the positives. The hotel is is a very good position. It welcomes you into a lovely reception area, where the reception staff were friendly and helpful. We arrived early and were able to leave our bags in secure area and go sit by the pool until our room was ready. The pool was nice, although I can imagine that it gets very crowded in high season.
Our room, like the rest of the hotel, was very clean, and we had a sea view. It was also a good size with all the usual and necessary furniture including hair dryer and toiletries, we even had a small fridge. However, here's where the positives end I'm afraid. Our room had an adjoining door to the next room. This meant that there was no sound profing at all and we could hear all the conversations and bathroom sounds as if they were in our room. After 3 days of no sleep (the poor lady in the next room sounded like she had pneumonia!!) I did make a complaint to the manager who was very amicable and offered to move us to a new room. Apart from sound proofing, the only thing missing from the room was a kettle. Not such a problem in the heat of summer, but in the cooler weather I like my morning cup of tea without having to get dressed and go and queue in the restaurant.
Here's where the hotel lost all its points for me. The restaurant, we fondly nicknamed the canteen and, by the end of the week, Colditz! Breakfast was the meal they did best. All the usual and expected fruit, cold meats, pastries, bread and full English with eggs and pancakes fried freshly. Hot drinks were available from a machine as were fruit juices, if you wanted to queue! The soft drinks machine was turned off and these drinks were not available until 11am. Very annoying if you have paid upfront for your breakfast and want to enjoy it with a diet cola.
If you visit this hotel on a room only or B and B basis all the above faults could seem minor, but we stayed all inclusive. The food selections at the beginning of the week seemed good, there were always salads and pasta and a paella dish. There was also a grill area where 1 meat and 1 fish was cooked freshly. However after a week of lunches and dinners the food became samey and some was of a questionable standard. Furthermore, there was only the 1 restaurant, and with over 300 rooms, at peak times it got very busy with lots of crowding, and queueing, and staff unable to refill trays of food quickly thus reducing the choices further. At these times the noise was also unpleasant and, as no food was allowed to be taken from the restaurant to be eaten somewhere quiet, the only alternative was to leave the hotel and pay to eat elsewhere.
Service at the bar at was even worse. We knew we had paid only for local drinks and they were fine, it was the staffs attitude that was poor. Most of the bar staff struggled to break into a smile and if you want a lager don't expect to get more than 250mls at a time if you are all inclusive. The larger glasses are reserved for guests paying for drinks individually.
In my opinion, this is not a 'holiday hotel' and all inclusive does not work here. If the price was right I would stay here again, but on a room only basis, as there are plenty of bars and resteraunts to eat/drink in nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain